Dr. Akshaya Jitendra Vachharajani MD
Emergency Physician (Pediatric) | Pediatric Emergency Medicine1 Childrens Pl Suite 5s20 Saint Louis MO, 63110
Dr. Akshaya Vachharajani is a pediatric emergency medicine physician practicing in Saint Louis, MO. Dr. Vachharajani specializes in providing care for critically ill and injured children. Pediatric Emergency Medicine Physicians possess a vast amount of knowledge in areas such as neonatology, critical care and forensic pediatrics. Children involved in automobile accidents, child abuse or near-drowning episodes are frequent cases treated by pediatric emergency medicine physicians.
Education and Training
University of Mumbai, Topiwala National Medical College
Grant Government Medical College
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP- Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine
- 2009-2011Outstanding Commitment to Teaching Outstanding Teacher of the Year
- Washington U/B-Jh/Slch Conc, Pediatrics
- University of Bombay India
- Royal College of Physicians United Kingdom
- Pediatrics, University of Bombay, Bombay, India 1986
- Pediatrics, Royal College of Physicians, UK 1999
- St. Louis Children's Hospital 2004
- Mercy Hospital (St Louis) Program
- Neonatal Perinatal Medicine, McMaster University, Canada 2001
- Neonatal Perinatal Medicine, Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis, MO 2002
Dr. Akshaya Jitendra Vachharajani MD's Practice location
Saint Louis, MO 63110Get Direction
Dr. Akshaya Jitendra Vachharajani MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Vachharajani
- What Is Dysentery?
What does dysentery mean?It has happened to all of us - short stabbing pains in the stomach followed by a dash to the closest toilet. Diarrhea is easy to get because there are many factors that can upset our bowel movement functioning. However, not every diarrhea should be regarded as dysentery....
- Hip Pain: Causes and Treatment
Any pain that is felt around the hip joint is usually referred to as hip pain. This is a very common condition and often confusing, as there are several reasons for the pain in the hip region. Hip pain can make everyday activities more difficult. Many people feel a snapping sound in the hip joint....
- Myths About Meningitis
You've probably heard stories of people who have died of meningitis, or you've heard that contracting it is as simple as kissing someone with the infection. However, being aware of what is fact and what is fiction is important. Below are some of the myths about meningitis and their truths. ...
- Is Meningitis Contagious?
Caused by bacteria and viruses, meningitis is an inflammation (swelling) of the protective membranes covering the brain and spinal cord known as the meninges. The inflammation is usually caused by an infection of the fluid surrounding the brain and spinal cord. It can develop as a result of injury,...
- Treatment for Meningitis
The severity of meningitis varies from one person to another. In common cases, medications can help solve the problem and the person may recover within 1 to 3 weeks. But in cases where there is a risk of the infection spreading to the meninges, hospitalization and other confirmation tests might be...
- The Value of Clinical Intuition: Kids also Experience Drug Side Effects
Clinical intuition is difficult to describe. Personally, it is the art of integrating nonverbal information that a patient presents in order to reach a diagnosis, reducing the need for diagnostic testing. This is especially important in children who often react differently to procedures, tests and...
- Dr. Rachel H Kowalsky MD1 Childrens Pl Saint Louis MO 63110
- Dr. Vipul Singla MD1 Childrens Pl Saint Louis MO 63110
- Dr. Lynne Marie Sterni MD1 Childrens Pl Saint Louis MO 63110
- Dr. Scott M Thomas MD1 Childrens Pl Saint Louis MO 63110
- Dr. Adrienne Denise Atzemis MD1 Childrens Pl Saint Louis MO 63110
- Dr. Cassandra M Pruitt MD1 Childrens Pl Saint Louis MO 63110