Dr. Michael Smith is an internist practicing in Monroe, NC. Dr. Smith specializes in the medical treatment of adults. Internists can act as a primary physician or a consultant to a primary physician. They manage both common and rare diseases. Dr. Smith provides comprehensive care and manages treatment with surgeons as well. Internists establish long-term relationships with their patients and incorporate disease prevention and mental health care into their practice.
Education and Training
Med Univ of Sc Coll of Med, Charleston Sc 2000
Mechanical Engineering 2001
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Heart Disease
- Cerebrovascular Disease
- Univ Of Va Med Ctr, Internal Medicine
Dr. Michael J. Smith MD's Practice location
Monroe, NC 28112Get Direction
Gastonia, NC 28054Get Direction
Dr. Michael J. Smith MD's reviewsWrite Review
- What Are the Causes and Symptoms of the Mumps?
The mumps is a viral infection of the parotid glands, the saliva producing glands present within the cheek in front of the ears. The infection often results in the swelling of the parotid glands. This contagious infection was contained to a large extent after the introduction of the mumps...
- Do I Need to Change My Lifestyle Habits if I Have Hypothyroidism?
Hypothyroidism is a disease that affects the metabolic rate and energy levels of the body. It is characterized by a defect in the thyroid gland that reduces the production of thyroid hormones, the hormones responsible for regulating the metabolism of the body. Hypothyroidism is characterized by...
- How to Choose the Right Conditioner for Your Hair
Remember that not all hair products are good for everyone. Understanding how to choose the right conditioner is very important to get healthy locks.In most cases, your professional hair stylist would be able to choose the right conditioner for your hair. This is mostly based on the texture of your...
- What are the Causes and Symptoms of Meningitis?
Inflammation of the meninges, the delicate membrane covering brain and spinal cord, is called as meningitis. There are different types of meningitis based on the cause of the disease. Some of these forms have very mild symptoms and may resolve on its own, while some other forms are serious and life...
- What Is G6PD Deficiency?
Introduction G6PD is actually an enzyme and G6PD deficiency occurs when there is a deficiency of this enzyme. This condition is not fatal, but in acute as well as in the chronic breakdown of red blood cells, it causes a spectrum of complaints such as jaundice. This condition is inherited and a...
- How to Gain Weight in a Healthy Way?
One of the biggest myths that have been going on for quite a while in the area of weight management is that gaining weight is easier than losing weight.However, in reality, it can actually be extremely tough to gain weight just like losing weight. In most cases, people who want to gain weight end...
- Dr. Priti Bhagia MD4525 Cameron Valley Parkway Charlotte North Carolina 28211
- Dr. Gregory R Kimmerle MD7666 Charlotte Hwy Fort Mill SC 29707
- Dr. Maureen Rafferty MD15110 John J. Delaney Drive Charlotte NC 28277
- Dr. Adam Houser M.D.3333 Burnet Avenue Cincinnati OH 45229
- Dr. Angela Renee Barron MD1423 E Franklin St Monroe NC 28112
- Dr. Barry J Hanger MD1025 Morehead Medical Dr Charlotte NC 28204