Dr. Paul Finley is an ophthalmologist practicing in Hillsboro, OR. Dr. Finley specializes in eye and vision care. As an ophthalmologist, Dr. Finley can practice medicine as well as surgery. Opthalmologists can perform surgeries because they have their medical degrees along with at least eight years of additional training. Dr. Finley can diagnose and treat diseases, perform eye operations and prescribe eye glasses and contacts. Ophthalmologists can also specialize even further in a specific area of eye care.
Education and Training
Emory University School Of Medicine 1992
OphthalmologyAmerican Board of OphthalmologyABO
- Macular Degeneration
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Or Hlth Sci Univ Hosp, Ophthalmology; Virginia Mason Med Ctr, Flexible Or Transitional Year
- Oregon Health & Science University Program
Dr. Paul E Finley MD's Practice location
Dr. Paul E Finley MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Finley
- What are the Risks to Lasik Eye Surgery?
Lasik eye surgery is a surgical procedure which corrects deteriorating vision by reshaping the surface of the eye, more precisely the corneal layer in such a manner that light enters the eye at the angle appropriate for correct vision. Nearsightedness (myopia), farsightedness (hyperopia) and...
- What is Chalazion? Know about its Symptoms, Causes and Treatment
What is Chalazion?A chalazion is a benign and painless nodule which can occur in the upper or lower eyelid. It is common and is sometimes called a meibomian cyst or a tarsal cyst. The term chalazion (pronounced kah-la'-ze-on) originates from the Greek word which means a small lump. These nodules...
- Cataract Surgery: What is an Intraocular Lens?
When the eye’s natural lenses are removed during cataract surgery, they are replaced by artificial lenses known as intraocular lenses (IOLs). They are also used to correct a patient’s vision during a surgical procedure known as refractive lens exchange.Intraocular lenses are FDA-approved and...
- What Is Pituitary Dwarfism?
IntroductionPituitary dwarfism, also called growth hormone deficiency, is a medical condition wherein the pituitary gland does not produce sufficient amounts of growth hormone. This deficiency often results in children’s slow growth or short stature.An adult with pituitary dwarfism has an average...
- What are the Advantages and Disadvantages of LASIK Eye Surgery?
LASIK, or laser in situ keratomileusis, is a very popular surgical procedure to correct and improve vision, and reduces an individual's dependence on contact lenses and glasses. It is a very common refractive surgical procedure to correct different types of vision issues, including nearsightedness,...
- What are the Causes and Symptoms of Pink Eye?
Pink eye, or conjunctivitis, is a contagious eye condition caused by the inflammation and infection of the conjunctiva. The conjunctiva is the transparent membrane covering the white part of the eye and the eyeball. Infection and swelling of the the mucous membrane becomes reddish, and the entire...
- Dr. Beth Edmunds MD PHD3303 Southwest Bond Avenue Portland Oregon 97239
- Dr. Gurunadh Atmaram Vemulakonda MD325 9th Ave Seattle WA 98104
- Dr. Steven Theodore Bailey MD3375 Sw Terwilliger Blvd Portland OR 97239
- Dr. Monika A. Malecha M.D.1115 Sw Taylor St Portland OR 97205
- Dr. Shawn Goodman M.D.4035 Mercantile Dr Lake Oswego OR 97035
- Dr. Winston Douglas Chamberlain MD, PHD3375 Sw Terwilliger Blvd Portland OR 97239