Dr. Wood received her medical degree from the University of Missouri-Kansas City. She completed both her Internal Medicine and Cardiology training at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in Boston whe ...
Education and Training
Univ of Mo-Kansas City Sch of Med, Kansas City Mo 1987
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Cardiovascular Disease
- Use of complementary and alternative medical therapies in patients with cardiovascular disease.
- Persistent and reversible cardiac dysfunction among amateur marathon runners.
- Myocardial adaptation to short-term high-intensity exercise in highly trained athletes.
- Myocardial injury and ventricular dysfunction related to training levels among nonelite participants in the Boston marathon.
- Images in cardiovascular medicine. Complementary role of multimodality imaging in
- Stress echocardiography: abnormal response of tissue Doppler-derived indices to dobutamine in the absence of obstructive coronary artery disease in patients with chronic renal failure.
- Myocardial adaptation and efficiency in response to intensive physical training in elite speedskaters.
- Perioperative echocardiographic examination for ventricular assist device implantation.
- Training-specific changes in cardiac structure and function: a prospective and longitudinal assessment of competitive athletes.
- The impact of endurance exercise training on left ventricular systolic mechanics.
- Is marathon running hazardous to your cardiovascular health? The jury is still out.
- High-output heart failure resulting from a remote traumatic arteriovenous fistula.
- Endurance exercise and the heart: multiple benefits but many unanswered questions.
- Impact of family hypertension history on exercise-induced cardiac remodeling.
- Differences in cardiac parameters among elite rowers and subelite rowers.
- 2011 Boston Super Doctors
- 2014 Massachusetts Medical Society Women's Health Award
- Echocardiogram (echo), Heart Valve Disease, Heart Valve Problems And More
- Beth Israel Deaconess Hp M C, Cardiovascular Diseases; Beth Israel Deaconess Hp M C, Internal Medicine
- Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center 1987
- Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center 1990
- Beth Israel Hospital, Boston, Fellow:Cardiovascular 1991
Dr. Malissa J Wood MD's Practice location
Boston, MA 02114Get Direction
Dr. Malissa J Wood MD's reviewsWrite Review
- How is Congestive Heart Failure Diagnosed?
Congestive heart failure is known as a chronic condition where the heart fails to pump blood as well as it should. In the case of a heart failure, the doctor will use various methods to diagnose if you have had one. Want to know how they do it? Here are the basics:The diagnosis of any illness or...
- Are There Benign and Malignant Tumors of the Heart?
It is a well-known fact that in the body, in various tissues due to various reasons, neoplasms sometimes appear in the form of tumor growths. The heart is not an exception. The tumor growth can be benign and malignant. Therefore, there are two types of the heart tumors.Benign tumors These do not...
- What Is the Impact of Low Blood Pressure on Health?
Our body has certain parameters to maintain its normal functioning. Blood sugar levels and blood pressure readings are just a couple of screenings that can determine the body's functioning system. While having a high blood pressure is more commonly regarded by most people as dangerous, some people...
- How Atrial Fibrillation Is Diagnosed
Atrial fibrillation (AFib) is a condition that disrupts the heart's functions, specifically the heart rate or rhythm. Symptoms can be intermittent, persistent, or permanent in nature, and in some instances they disappear on their own, while other forms require medication to restore normal heart...
- Treatment for Congestive Heart Failure
The following methods work together to treat heart failure:...
- Is Rheumatoid Arthritis Associated with Other Medical Conditions?
Have you been diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis? If so, there is a possibility that you could be at a higher risk of experiencing further issues with other organs. Because of these risk factors, it is important to look out for any possible symptoms you may be experiencing. These symptoms can vary...
- Dr. Avni Thakore M.D.1991 Marcus Avenue Lake Success New York 11042
- Dr. Marvin H. Kendrick131 Old Road To 9 Acre Cor Concord MA 1742
- Dr. Philip Podrid MD88 East Newton Street Boston Massachusetts 02118
- Bernardo Nadal-Ginard334 Hammond Street Chestnut Hill Massachusetts 2467
- Ricardo C. Cury MD8900 N. Kendall Drive Miami Florida 33176
- Dr. Afshin Ehsan M.D.2 Dudley Street Providence Rhode Island 02905