Dr. Luis Franco is a physiatrist practicing in Kenner, LA. Dr. Franco is a medical doctor specializing in physical medicine and rehabilitation. As a physiatrist, Dr. Franco focuses on a patients ability to function, and can treat multiple conditions that affect the brain, nerves, spine, bones, muscles, joints, ligaments and tendons. Dr. Franco can diagnose and treat pain that is a result of injury, disease or a disabling condition. Physiatrists often lead a team of physical therapists, occupational therapists and physicians in a patients treatment or prevention plan.
Education and Training
La State Univ Sch of Med In New Orleans, New Orleans La 1995
Louisiana State University School of Medicine in New Orleans 1995
Physical Medicine and RehabilitationAmerican Board of Physical Medicine and RehabilitationABPMR
- Back Pain
- Cerebrovascular Disease
- Degenerative Disc Disease (ddd)
- La State Univ Sch Of Med, Physical Medicine And Rehabilitation
- LSU HEALTH SCIENCES
Dr. Luis R Franco MD's Practice location
Kenner, LA 70065Get Direction
Dr. Luis R Franco MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Complications of Osteoporosis
Osteoporosis is a condition that results in bone loss. There are no visible signs or symptoms of this disorder; it only becomes noticeable when you suddenly suffer from bone breakage or fractures. Pain resulting from osteoporosis can affect the quality of your life or even trigger detrimental...
- The Best Lifestyle Choices for Rheumatoid Arthritis
Positive lifestyle changes can do wonders for rheumatoid arthritis symptoms and the condition's overall outcome. There is significant evidence that lifestyle intervention promotes better prognosis and prolongs the life of patients with the condition. In other words, good lifestyle choices make life...
- What Are the Risks of Laminectomy?
Your doctor will first attempt to give you other alternative treatments before recommending surgery. If your back pain still persists after treatment, your doctor may suggest for surgery as one of the solutions. Laminectomy is the most probable surgical procedure that you will have to undergo.Facts...
- How to Prevent Osteoporosis
Genes determine an individual’s height and skeletal strength, but certain lifestyle factors like exercise and diet are influential to the health of your bones. Having regular exercise will improve an individual's muscle and bone strength. Moreover, a person should get enough calcium daily through...
- What Is Olecranon Bursitis?
Whenever a bursa is inflamed and becomes swollen, it causes a lot of pain around the affected area. The condition is called bursitis. The inflammation and swelling of the bursa are the causes of pain. The bursa is a sac filled with fluid, which is always located between the muscles, tendons, bones,...
- Scoliosis Pain: Treatment, Management, and Exercises
Scoliosis is a serious condition that often occurs more in females than in males. The condition itself can be hard to diagnose at the start, which is why the healthcare professional will subject the patient to several tests, including asking them to touch their toes as well as to find out if their...
- Dr. Meda K Colvin MD1111 Medical Center Blvd Marrero LA 70072
- Dr. Christine Mischler Keating MD1514 Jefferson Hwy New Orleans LA 70121
- Dr. Natalia Maria Jolliff D.O.1514 Jefferson Highway New Orleans LA 70121
- Dr. Stephen Kishner MD1450 Poydras St New Orleans LA 70112
- Dr. Michael Andrew Saucier MD1514 Jefferson Hwy New Orleans LA 70121
- Dr. Andrea P Toomer MD1111 Medical Center Blvd. Marrero LA 70072