Dr. Philip Hartigan is an anesthesiologist practicing in Boston, MA. Dr. Hartigan ensures the safety of patients who are about to undergo surgery. Anestesiologists specialize in general anesthesia, which will (put the patient to sleep), sedation, which will calm the patient or make him or her unaware of the situation, and regional anesthesia, which just numbs a specific part of the body. As an anesthesiologist, Dr. Hartigan also might help manage pain after an operation.
Education and Training
Univ Of Ct Sch Of Med- Farmington Ct 1986
University of Connecticut School of Medicine 1986
AnesthesiologyAmerican Board of AnesthesiologyABA
- The use of a bronchial blocker to rescue an ill-fitting double-lumen endotracheal tube.
- Vallecular cyst and laryngomalacia in infants: report of six cases and airway management.
- Selective lobar bronchial blockade following contralateral pneumonectomy.
- Airway fire during tracheostomy: should we extubate?
- Evolving capnograms after single lung transplant.
- Clinical trials: to terminate or not to terminate. The VA Cooperative Studies Group on AIDS.
- Anesthetic strategies for patients undergoing extrapleural pneumonectomy.
- Pain management strategies for patients undergoing extrapleural pneumonectomy.
- Anesthetic considerations for lung volume reduction surgery and lung transplantation.
- Anesthetic management of patients undergoing extrapleural pneumonectomy for mesothelioma.
- Ethical dilemma in continuing a zidovudine-placebo trial in symptomatic human immunodeficiency virus infection.
- Cost effectiveness of treating asymptomatic HIV infection.
- Challenging lung isolation secondary to aberrant tracheobronchial anatomy.
- Wandering pacemaker.
- Utility of intraoperative lung ultrasonography.
- Brigham & Women'S Hosp, Anesthesiology; St Francis Hosp Med Ctr, Internal Medicine
Philip Meade Hartigan's Practice location
Boston, MA 02115Get Direction
Philip Meade Hartigan's reviewsWrite Review
- How Long Does It Take to Digest Food?
Digestion is when the body breaks down the food we consume into smaller particles to get absorbed into the bloodstream. The entire digestion process is divided into three different stages: oral, gastric, and intestinal.The Process of DigestionThe entire process of digestion is divided into three...
- The Link Between Rheumatoid Arthritis and Gum Disease
Many diseases interact with rheumatoid arthritis, causing concern for patients and their families. Common diseases that have high comorbidity rates with rheumatoid arthritis are other autoimmune disorders. Lupus is an example of a disorder that might be correlated. Other diseases frequently...
- Recovery After a Laminectomy
Laminectomy is a surgical procedure done for the removal of the lamina, bone spurs, and ligaments that may be putting pressure on your spinal nerves and causing lower back pain. The procedure is said to be one of the most commonly performed back surgeries. Below is a detailed information on what...
- What Are the Risks of Laminectomy?
Your doctor will first attempt to give you other alternative treatments before recommending surgery. If your back pain still persists after treatment, your doctor may suggest for surgery as one of the solutions. Laminectomy is the most probable surgical procedure that you will have to undergo.Facts...
- What Is the Epiglottis?
What is Epiglottis?Epiglottis is a elastic flap of tissue that is shaped like a thin leaf and situated at the root of the tongue. It protects the opening between the vocal cords, known as the entrance of the glottis. Epiglottis is covered with mucous membrane, which is a yellow elastic cartilage...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- Dr. Richard J. Pollard MD1 Deaconess Road Boston MA 02215
- Dr. Stephanie Cintora MD55 Lake Avenue Worcester Massachusetts 01604
- Sanjay Kumar Singh175 Freeman Street Brookline Massachusetts 02446
- Dr. Patrick D. Mccarty DDS30 Warren St Brighton MA 02135
- Dr. Karen R. Boretsky MD3705 5th Ave Pittsburgh PA 15213
- Dr. Laura Alexander MD75 Francis Street Boston Massachusetts 02115