Dr. Michele Halyard practices Radiation Oncology in Phoenix, AZ. Radiation oncology is a medical specialty that involves treating cancer with radiation. Dr. Halyard specializes in treating cancer with radiation, using radiation therapy to treat a wide variety of cancers. Radiation therapy uses carefully targeted and regulated doses of high-energy radiation to kill cancer cells.
Education and Training
Howard Univ Coll of Med, Washington Dc 1984
RadiologyAmerican Board of RadiologyABR
- Phase I study of hyperfractionated accelerated radiotherapy and escalating doses of daily cisplatin for patients with locally advanced non-small-cell lung cancer.
- Breast-conserving therapy and sentinel lymph node biopsy are feasible in cancer patients with previous implant breast augmentation.
- Association of percent positive prostate biopsies and perineural invasion with biochemical outcome after external beam radiotherapy for localized prostate cancer.
- Integrating QOL assessments for clinical and research purposes.
- Analysis of biochemical control and prognostic factors in patients treated with
- Exploration of the value of health-related quality-of-life information from clinical research and into clinical practice.
- The Mayo Clinic manuscript series relative to the discussion, dissemination, and operationalization of the Food and Drug Administration guidance on patient-reported outcomes.
- Patient-reported outcome instrument selection: designing a measurement strategy.
- The impact of measuring patient-reported outcomes in clinical practice: a
- Quality-of-Life assessment for routine oncology clinical practice.
- Taste and smell alterations in cancer patients--real problems with few solutions.
- The use of real-time patient-reported outcomes and quality-of-life data in oncology clinical practice.
- Implementing patient-reported outcomes assessment in clinical practice: a review of the options and considerations.
- Transoral laser microsurgery followed by radiation therapy for oropharyngeal tumors: the Mayo Clinic Arizona experience.
- Relapse patterns after transoral laser microsurgery and postoperative irradiation for squamous cell carcinomas of the tonsil and tongue base.
- Mayo Grad Sch Med/Mayo Fndn, Radiation Oncology; Howard Univ Hosp, Radiation Oncology; Howard Univ Hosp, Therapeutic Radiology
Dr. Michele Y Halyard M.D.'s Practice location
Dr. Michele Y Halyard M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Three-Week Chemotherapy Dosing Reconfirmed as First-Line Treatment of Ovarian Cancer
Chemotherapy as a treatment option for cancer has existed for decades, and has long been the standard of care and first line of treatment for almost all forms of cancer. The term is an umbrella term referring to the use of medicines to halt the growth of cancerous tumors and to kill off cancerous...
- Bone Health Drugs for Breast Cancer
IntroductionLike any other drug or therapy, breast cancer treatment also has its own side effects. One of the side effects of breast cancer treatment is rapid bone loss leading to osteoporosis. The following are treatments for breast cancer that can significantly cause bone loss:...
- What Procedures Are Used to Treat Bladder Cancer?
There are various treatment options for bladder cancer. Each option has its own procedure on how it is carried out. The type of treatment is also chosen based on several factors such as:...
- Treatments for Bladder Cancer
The treatment options or medications for bladder cancer depend largely on the advancement of cancer. The treatment is different for the early stage non-invasive bladder cancer and the more advanced muscle-invasive bladder cancer.During treatment, all hospitals have multidisciplinary teams (MDTs),...
- What Medications Are Used for Prostate Cancer?
Prostate cancer treatments can be administered to cure cancer or to manage or alleviate its symptoms. There are several ways of treating prostate cancer and the treatment options depend on various factors such as:...
- What Is an X-Ray?
An X-ray is a type of electromagnetic radiation, which can be used to take digital images of parts of the human body. It is the same with visible light but has a certain different characteristic. The beneficial use of an X-ray is for medical imaging. It can help the physician to look inside your...
- Dr. Vershalee Shukla MD7340 East Thomas Road Scottsdale Arizona 85251
- Dr. William Gary Rule M.D.5777 E Mayo Blvd Phoenix AZ 85054
- Dr. Marianne Mildenberger M.D.13184 N 103rd Dr Sun City AZ 85351
- Dr. Coral Ann Quiet MD9055 E. Del Camino Drive Scottsdale AZ 85258
- Dr. Michael D. Sapozink M.D.,PH.D.2926 N Civic Center Plz Scottsdale AZ 85251
- Dr. David G Brachman MD350 W Thomas Rd Phoenix AZ 85013