Dr. Brian Vitz is an ophthalmologist practicing in York, PA. Dr. Vitz specializes in eye and vision care. As an ophthalmologist, Dr. Vitz can practice medicine as well as surgery. Opthalmologists can perform surgeries because they have their medical degrees along with at least eight years of additional training. Dr. Vitz can diagnose and treat diseases, perform eye operations and prescribe eye glasses and contacts. Ophthalmologists can also specialize even further in a specific area of eye care.
Education and Training
Philadelphia Coll of Osteo Med, Philadelphia Pa 1980
Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine 1980
- Type 2 Diabetes
Dr. Brian Lloyd Vitz DO's Practice location
York, PA 17403Get Direction
Dr. Brian Lloyd Vitz DO's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Vitz
- What Could a Swollen Eyelid Mean?
Your eyelid’s skin is stretchy and loose with a thickness of less than 1 mm. Your eyelids can swell if there is a buildup of fluid in the tissues that surround your eyes.In most cases, swollen eyelids are not a cause for concern and can return back to its normal shape and size after a few days....
- What is Chalazion? Know about its Symptoms, Causes and Treatment
What is Chalazion?A chalazion is a benign and painless nodule which can occur in the upper or lower eyelid. It is common and is sometimes called a meibomian cyst or a tarsal cyst. The term chalazion (pronounced kah-la'-ze-on) originates from the Greek word which means a small lump. These nodules...
- In Plain Sight: Vision Changes Linked to Parkinson’s Disease
Parkinson’s disease is a chronic, progressive movement disorder that affects the nervous system. It is characterized by gradual death and breakdown of nerve cells in the brain resulting in the decreased production of a chemical messenger called dopamine. Reduced dopamine levels cause abnormal...
- What Specialists Treat Cataracts?
Cataracts are defined as the clouding of lens in your eye. The clear lens of your eye becomes increasingly foggy causing a great deal of issues with eyesight. The effects of cataracts can be felt more strongly at night sometimes due to the poor visibility conditions which prevail already. Cataracts...
- Differences Between Optometrists, Opticians, and Ophthalmologists
Safeguarding Your VisionWe are all dependent on our vision in more ways than we realize. Without a healthy vision, we would be unable to smoothly do a lot of things. Our vision enables us to properly work and recognize faces and objects.There are numerous factors that can affect our eyes, including...
- Eye Twitching: Causes and How to Stop It
What is eye twitching?While it may seem like a normal experience of the eye, eye twitching could become irritating and could be a cause for concern when it persists for a long period of time and with higher frequency. In medical terms, eye twitching is known as blepharospasm, which is defined as an...
- Dr. Shawyin Yee-Armah M.D.1600 6th Avenue York Pennsylvania 17403
- Dr. Laura E Lehn O.D.1880 KENNETH RD YORK PA 17408
- Dr. Denise M Visco M.D.1880 KENNETH ROAD YORK PA 17404
- Mr. Jerome V Benz D.O.1880 KENNETH RD YORK PA 17408
- Dr. Salman Porbandarwalla M.D., M.S.6th Avenue & Spruce Street Reading PA 19611
- Dr. Matthew B Bilder M.D.1945 Queenswood Dr York PA 17403