Dr. Melba Ovalle is a rheumatologist practicing in Winter Garden, FL. Dr. Ovalle specializes in the treatment of musculoskeletal diseases and systematic autoimmune conditions that can affect the bones, muscles or bones. Eventually, if not treated, these illnesses can also impact the skin, eyes, nervous system and internal organs. Dr. Ovalle treats diseases similar to orthopedists but does not perform surgery. Often times, research is conducted to find potential alternatives for the patients illness.
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Rheumatology
- Montefiore Medical Center/Albert Einstein College of Medicine (Montefiore) Program
Dr. Melba Iris Ovalle MD's Practice location
Winter Garden, FL 34787Get Direction
Dr. Melba Iris Ovalle MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Rheumatoid Arthritis After Lyme Disease
It is not uncommon for those who have had Lyme disease to develop joint problems under the umbrella of refractory Lyme arthritis; however, researchers are urging to look further into the diagnosis, as it may be something else.Refractory Lyme vs. rheumatoid arthritisWhen you go to your doctor and...
- Rheumatoid Arthritis's Impact on the Lungs and How to Protect Them
Rheumatoid arthritis’s causes are poorly understood by the medical community, but that doesn’t mean that patients shouldn’t be proactive in managing their RA and working to prevent flares.Patients with RA should also be aware that it does not just affect their bones and joints. This autoimmune...
- How Rheumatoid Arthritis Can Lead to Hearing Problems
RA has been affecting hundreds of thousands of patients worldwide for years, and many people have become well familiarized with the effects and symptoms that RA can bring. One lesser known, but just as harmful effect is that RA can lead to hearing problems. Read on to find out how RA causes hearing...
- Healthy Diets That Can Help Manage Your Arthritis
What is Arthritis?Arthritis is the name given to those diseases or disorders that affect the body’s joints. Around 200 rheumatic diseases come under the term arthritis. The most common types include osteoarthritis (OA), rheumatoid arthritis (RA), psoriatic arthritis (PsA), fibromyalgia, and gout....
- Lupus Progression and Treatment
The progression of lupus varies from one person to the next. It doesn't matter whether you have the same genes as another person with the disease or live in the same environment - it is unpredictable. To make matters even more unpredictable, the symptoms of lupus come and go. Lupus may even develop...
- 10 Foods to Avoid if You Have Lupus
Do you want to know which food should be avoided if you have lupus?Unhealthy food choices worsen lupus by increasing inflammation. Is there any food that causes lupus? No. Though there is no specific food that causes lupus, it is still important to avoid unhealthy choices in order to properly...
- Dr. Jeffrey E. Poiley MD324 E Par St Orlando Florida 32804
- Dr. Laura B Summers M.D.3160 Southgate Commerce Blvd Orlando FL 32806
- Mr. Javaid Shafqat Sheikh MD FACP MRCP UK1111 S Orange Ave Orlando FL 32806
- Dr. Pamela G Freeman M.D.3160 Southgate Commerce Blvd Orlando FL 32806
- Dr. Caryn G Hasselbring M.D.3160 Southgate Commerce Blvd Orlando FL 32806
- Dr. Jeffrey James Elston M.D.616 E Altamonte Dr Altamonte Springs FL 32701