Dr. Richard Michael Young M.D.
Vascular Surgeon | Vascular Surgery501 19th St Suite 501 Knoxville TN, 37916
Dr. Richard Young is a vascular surgeon practicing in Knoxville, TN. Dr. Young specializes in disorders relating to the arterial, venous and lymphatic systems. As a vascular surgeon, Dr. Young diagnoses and treats vascular diseases and performs vasular surgeries. Common conditions that a vascular surgeon treats are aneurysms, atherosclerosis and varicose veins. Vascular specialists might also treat trauma, venous ulcers, poor leg circulation, peripheral arterial disease and other vascular-related issues.
Education and Training
Georgetown University School of Medicine 1994
- Varicose Veins
- Cerebrovascular Disease
- Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm (aaa)
- Aortic Aneurysm
- Peripheral Artery Disease (pad)
- Vascular Disease
- Mayo Clinic College of Medicine (Arizona) Program
Dr. Richard Michael Young M.D.'s Practice location
Knoxville, TN 37916Get Direction
KNOXVILLE, TN 37919Get Direction
Dr. Richard Michael Young M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Young
- What Is Varicose Vein Stripping?
A vein is a blood vessel that carries blood through your body. Varicose veins are one among a spectrum of chronic vein problems. It is common and can be found in up to 20% of the adult population. The severity of the condition varies and while varicose veins are responsible for significant...
- What Specialists Treat Varicose Veins?
Veins that are twisted, engorged and noticeable are referred as varicose veins. They normally form in the legs, although they can also develop anywhere on the body. This condition is frequent. The signs and symptoms of varicose veins are not many. Mild, skin ulcers and blood clots can arise from...
- What Is Atherosclerosis: Types, Symptoms, and Home Remedies
What is atherosclerosis?Atherosclerosis is also known as arteriosclerotic vascular disease or ASVD. It is a particular type of arteriosclerosis in which an artery wall gets thickened as an effect of attack and accumulation of white blood cells and rupture of the intimal smooth muscle cell producing...
- Does Aneurysm Require Surgery?
An aneurysm is the formation of a bulge when the walls of the arteries weaken. It is an artificial condition that can remain undetected for years. If it ruptures, it could lead to many complications and, at times, even death. The following are a few figures concerning the deaths caused by different...
- Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome: Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis, and Treatment
What is Ehlers-Danlos syndrome (EDS)?Ehlers-Danlos syndrome (EDS) is a group of genetic disorders that affect the body’s connective tissues, which are proteins that support the blood vessels, skin, bones, and other organs in the body. Connective tissues also provide elasticity and strength to the...
- How is Deep Vein Thrombosis Treated?
The formation of blood clots in one of the deep veins in the leg may not be entirely serious alone. However, if the clot breaks off and moves towards the heart and other organs, it may lead to complications. Blood clots in the leg may cause leg pain but may also not cause any symptoms at all....
- Dr. Oscar H. Grandas MD1940 Alcoa Hwy Knoxville TN 37920
- Dr. Scott Lawrence Stevens SCOTT STEVENS1924 Alcoa Hwy Knoxville TN 37920
- Dr. Mitchell H. Goldman M.D.1940 Alcoa Hwy Knoxville TN 37920
- Dr. Keith E. Campbell MD11440 Parkside Dr Knoxville TN 37934
- Dr. Joshua David Arnold M.D.1924 Alcoa Hwy Knoxville TN 37920
- Dr. Deanna L Nelson MD111 Colchester Ave Burlington VT 05401