Dr. William Newland is an obstetrician-gynecologist practicing in Des Moines, IA. Dr. Newland specializes in women's health, particularly the female reproductive system, pregnancy and childbirth. As an obstetrician-gynecologist, or OB-GYN, Dr. Newland can treat a number of health issues related to the vagina, uterus, ovaries, fallopian tubes and breasts. Dr Newland can also treat women during pregnancy, labor, childbirth and the postpartum period. In this specialty, doctors focus on reproductive care from puberty through adulthood.
Education and Training
Univ Of Ia Coll Of Med- Iowa City Ia 1974
Obstetrics and GynecologyAmerican Board of Obstetrics and GynecologyABOG
- Univ Iowa Hosps & Clinics, Obstetrics And Gynecology; Santa Clara Valley Med Ctr, Flexible Or Transitional Year
Dr. William H Newland M.D.'s Practice location
Des Moines, IA 50309Get Direction
Dr. William H Newland M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Ovarian Cancer: Is it Asymptomatic in the Early Stages?
Only three percent of women in the world who are diagnosed with some form of cancer have ovarian cancer. This type of cancer has the highest percentage of deaths in the female population. Every cancer starts when the growth of cells becomes abnormal and out of control. Ovarian cancer begins in the...
- Health Benefits of Bariatric Surgery
In simple layman terms, bariatric surgery is weight loss surgery. Its main purpose is the reduction of the fat around the stomach in safe amounts. The weight loss is achieved by use of what is known as a gastric band, or removing a portion of the stomach. The removal of the stomach portion is also...
- Are IUDs More Effective Than Oral Contraceptives?
According to experts, intrauterine devices (IUDs) are more effective than the morning after pills in contraception. A recent study has shown that morning after pills have a higher rate of failure, when compared to the coils, a small copper device that is placed in the womb by a trained nurse or...
- Things You Should Avoid While You're Pregnant
Undercooked poultry, eggs, and meatPregnant women are prone to food borne illnesses. To avoid these illnesses, all meats must be cooked fully. Eat eggs that have firm yolks and whites. Eating raw eggs, or even soft scrambled eggs, not safe for you are the baby. Processed meats, like hotdogs and deli...
- Possible Causes of Infertility
It almost doesn't make evolutionary sense that a woman's body should have such a difficult time getting and staying pregnant. From the purely evolutionary standpoint, you would actually think the opposite: that a woman's body would make it very simple to get pregnant and to help the baby to safely...
- Certain Antiviral Medications May Be Safe to Take During Pregnancy
According to a report published in, Journal of the American Medical Association, certain antiviral medications during early pregnancy may not increase the child’s risk of major birth defects. Antiviral medications including acyclovir, valacyclovir, and famciclovir, are often prescribed for the...
- Dr. Tracey A Kopperud DO12339 Stratford Dr Clive IA 50325
- Dr. Curtis L Hoegh MD1212 Pleasant St Des Moines IA 50309
- Dr. Mitchell Alan Khan D.O.5409 Avenue O Fort Madison IA 52627
- Dr. Joseph Hwang MD330 Laurel St Des Moines IA 50314
- Dr. Matthew Curtis Brown M.D.303 University Ave Des Moines IA 50314
- Dr. Michael C Mintzer M.D.6000 University Ave West Des Moines IA 50266