Dr. Ellen Courson is an obstetrician-gynecologist practicing in Valdosta, GA. Dr. Courson specializes in women's health, particularly the female reproductive system, pregnancy and childbirth. As an obstetrician-gynecologist, or OB-GYN, Dr. Courson can treat a number of health issues related to the vagina, uterus, ovaries, fallopian tubes and breasts. Dr Courson can also treat women during pregnancy, labor, childbirth and the postpartum period. In this specialty, doctors focus on reproductive care from puberty through adulthood.
Education and Training
Med Coll of Ga Sch of Med, Augusta Ga 1987
Medical College of Georgia at Georgia Regents University 1987
Obstetrics and GynecologyAmerican Board of Obstetrics and GynecologyABOG
- High Blood Pressure (hypertension)
- Urinary Tract Infection (uti)
- Med Coll Of Ga Hosp & Cli, Obstetrics And Gynecology
- Medical College of Georgia Program
Dr. Ellen Eanes Courson MD's Practice location
Valdosta, GA 31602Get Direction
VALDOSTA, GA 31602Get Direction
Dr. Ellen Eanes Courson MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Early Signs of Pregnancy You Should Know
Missed PeriodThis is the most obvious indicator that you’re pregnant. Women who have regular menstruation consider this the most important sign of being pregnant.Swollen and tender breastsYour body’s estrogen and progesterone levels are increased because you’re pregnant. The increased levels...
- Can Melatonin Keep Breast Cancer at Bay and Improve Treatment?
Breast cancer is the most common type of cancer among women. Today, this type of cancer generally has a good prognosis: around 80% of women have a survival rate of 10 years or longer. This is partially due to the chemotherapeutic agent known as tamoxifen. ...
- Antibiotic Use by Pregnant Women Is a Risk Factor for Crohn’s and Colitis, Study Says
The correct use of antibiotics for treating medical conditions can be a hot topic of discussion. While many antibiotics provide powerful relief for a variety of conditions, there is some discussion about the negative side effects that can occur with the use of certain antibiotics. According to a...
- What Causes Vaginitis?
When the vagina’s lining gets inflamed, vaginitis may occur. This is because the vagina contains its own chemical balance, and it can easily be disturbed. Women and girls can get this condition regardless of their age. Causes of VaginitisVaginitis may develop as a result of many...
- Over the Coutner Remedeis for UTI's: What Works?
There are various remedies to treat urinary tract infections (UTIs), but the most common and arguably the most reliable are over-the-counter medications. These are thoroughly tested medications that have shown to have minimal side-effects, and are strong enough to destroy the bacteria causing the...
- 23andMe Now FDA-Approved to Test BRCA Genetic Mutations Without a Doctor
The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has authorized the use of a direct-to-consumer (DTC) test for BRCA1/BRCA2 genetic mutations. Although it is not the first DTC test available on the US marketplace, it is the first one designed to specifically test for BRCA mutations.“Being the first and...
- Dr. Joseph S. Novak M.D.805 South Hansell Street Thomasville GA 31792
- Mrs. Sandra B Reed MD918 South Broad St Thomasville GA 31792
- Dr. Barbara H Mccollum M.D.918 S Broad St Thomasville GA 31792
- Mrs. Melissa S Bruhn MD918 South Broad St Thomasville GA 31792
- Mr. Robinson H Stubley MD918 South Broad St Thomasville GA 31792
- Dr. Owen K Youles MD3811 Old Us Highway 41 N Valdosta GA 31602