Dr. Lisa Miller is a speech language pathologist practicing in MIDLAND, GA. Dr. Miller specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Miller evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Miller helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Lisa Miller's Practice location
MIDLAND, GA 31820Get Direction
Lisa Miller's reviewsWrite Review
- Understanding the Different Types of Multiple Sclerosis
Since MS does not progress in the same manner, professionals have divided the disease into four phenotypes based on the manner in which the disease progresses. The four types of multiple sclerosis are Clinically Isolated Syndrome, Relapsing-remitting Multiple Sclerosis, Primary Progressive Multiple...
- What Is Dysarthria: Symptoms, Causes, Treatment, and More
What is dysarthria?Dysarthria is a speech disorder that is caused by weak, paralyzed, or damaged oral muscles. Those who have dysarthria usually have trouble speaking along with poor articulation, poor phonation, and poor respiration. Others may also have a hard time understanding people who have...
- The History of Muscular Dystrophy
What is muscular dystrophy?Muscular dystrophy is an inherited disorder, which is often characterized by a progressive type of muscular degeneration and weakness. There are several types of muscular dystrophy, wherein each type eventually leads to an increased disability, strength loss, and potential...
- Clinically Isolated Syndrome vs. Multiple Sclerosis: What You Need To Know
Clinically isolated syndrome presents the same type of attack where the body’s immune system attacks the central nervous system. If this only happens once, it's known as CIS.Clinically Isolated SyndromeDespite popular belief, CIS does not always go on to develop multiple sclerosis. This does...
- Early Warning Signs of Multiple Sclerosis
Is it Multiple Sclerosis?Although some of the symptoms of multiple sclerosis are common, there is no definitive pattern that applies to everyone. The symptoms of multiple sclerosis also resemble those of many other diseases. What sets the symptoms of MS apart from other conditions is time. In many...
- What is Dyslexia?
Dyslexia refers to a disorder characterized by disability in reading. This is a very common learning disability and is found to affect a large percentage of people in the country. Children with this learning disorder are found to have normal vision and intelligence. In many cases, the condition...
- Rita Boyd O'bryan2424 DOUBLE CHURCHES RD COLUMBUS GA 31909
- Helen Marie Davenport MCD CF-SLP2424 DOUBLE CHURCHES RD COLUMBUS GA 31909
- Tracy Rogers CCC2424 DOUBLE CHURCHES RD COLUMBUS GA 31909
- Rachel Stewart SLP705 17TH ST STE 200 COLUMBUS GA 31901
- Mrs. Ellen Elizabeth Gordon CCC-SLP4350 WARM SPRINGS RD COLUMBUS GA 31909
- Mrs. Kyla Gene Ward MCD, CCC-SLP2515 DOUBLE CHURCHES RD COLUMBUS GA 31909