Dr. Barry Grosskopf M.D.
Psychiatrist | Psychiatry2600 Sw Holden St Seattle WA, 98126
Dr. Barry Grosskopf is a psychiatrist practicing in Seattle, WA. Dr. Grosskopf is a medical doctor specializing in the care of mental health patients. As a psychiatrist, Dr. Grosskopf diagnoses and treats mental illnesses. Dr. Grosskopf may treat patients through a variety of methods including medications, psychotherapy or talk therapy, psychosocial interventions and more, depending on each individual case. Different medications that a psychiatrist might prescribe include antidepressants, antipsychotic mediations, mood stabilizers, stimulants, sedatives and hypnotics. Dr. Grosskopf treats conditions like depression, anxiety, OCD, eating disorders, bipolar disorders, personality disorders, insomnia, ADD and other mental illnesses.
Education and Training
Univ of Miami Sch of Med, Miami Fl 1970
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN
- Univ Wa Med Ctr, Psychiatry; Virginia Mason Med Ctr, Flexible Or Transitional Year
- University Wash Med School 1971
Dr. Barry Grosskopf M.D.'s Practice location
Seattle, WA 98126Get Direction
Dr. Barry Grosskopf M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Grosskopf
- What's a Nymphomaniac?
What is Nymphomania?Nymphomania is a mental and emotional condition in women characterized by a sudden increase or extreme frequency of sexual urges or activity. To differentiate this from promiscuity and lust, the condition features a preoccupation with sex-related thoughts, feelings, or even...
- Top 5 Signs You Might Be a Narcissist
A person may not even be aware of the fact that he is suffering from narcissism as it is extremely difficult to identify with very few symptoms. Such symptoms may only be identified by a trained therapist. A person suffering from narcissism should always consult a therapist to control his...
- Are Stimulants Good for My Child?
Most parents whose children suffer from the attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) reject the consumption of caffeinated drinks. They often think that such drinks could worsen their children’s symptoms. So why do medical doctors prescribe sedatives to kids experiencing severe ADHD...
- Understanding The Relationship Between Sleep And Depression
What is the link between sleep and depression?A sleep disorders is one of the key signs of clinical depression. While some people suffering from depression sleep too much, others are not able to sleep at all. A sleep disorder does not necessarily cause depression, but the lack of rest and sleep does...
- Understanding Depression in the LGBTQ Community
According to the National Institute of Mental Health, individuals who identify as gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, and queer have a high prevalence of mood and anxiety disorders compared to their heterosexual counterparts. Studies have shown that the discrimination, prejudice, abuse, and...
- Depression Medications and Their Side Effects
Regardless of the importance of non-medical treatment options for depression like talk therapy and physical exercise, none of them can be as quick and effective as medication. The primary form of medication for depression is antidepressants which help boost brain activity and alleviate depression...
- Dr. Frank A. Stanton M.D.2275 Arlington Dr San Leandro CA 94578
- Dr. Vernon Neppe MD, PHD6808 44th Avenue Northeast Seattle Washington 98115
- Ms. Heidi S. Summers MD5837 221st Place Southeast Issaquah Washington 98027
- Dr. Anne Marie Arvidson M.D.1823 Queen Anne Ave N Seattle Washington 98109
- Dr. Catherine Q Howe MD2100 Western Ave Seattle WA 98121
- Dr. Mehri D Moore M.D.400 108th Ave NE Bellevue WA 98004