Dr. Matthew Smith is a speech language pathologist practicing in TORRANCE, CA. Dr. Smith specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Smith evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Smith helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Mr. Matthew Smith M.S., CCC-SLP's Practice location
TORRANCE, CA 90501Get Direction
Mr. Matthew Smith M.S., CCC-SLP's reviewsWrite Review
- The Risk for Developing Cerebral Palsy in Babies is Higher at 37 or 38 Weeks
Babies born at 40 weeks have a lower risk of developing cerebral palsy, when compared to babies born at 37 or 38 weeks, or at 42 weeks and later, according to a new study published in, The Journal of the American Medical Association. But the absolute risk of developing this condition in babies is...
- Understanding Relapsing-Remitting Multiple Sclerosis (RRMS)
Most patients who are diagnosed with multiple sclerosis usually fall under the category of having RRMS. In most patients, relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis in the course of the disease changes after several decades and usually becomes worse, and the patient’s diagnosis is likely to progress...
- Raising a Child with Autism
Autism spectrum disorder (ASD), or autism, is a term used to describe a group of complex brain disorders in human beings. These disorders affect the social interaction of a person, verbal skills, nonverbal communication, and repetitive behaviors, along with any activity that needs a person to react...
- Choosing the Right Education for Your Autistic Child
Autism spectrum disorder (ASD) can cause issues in crucial areas of development, such as social interaction, verbal and nonverbal communication, creative and imaginative play, and sensory processing.Children with ASD may have difficulty understanding and communicating their needs and wants to...
- What is Autism?
Autism is a developmental disorder that affects an individual's communication, social, and interpersonal skills. For individuals with this neurological disorder, their normal brain development supporting communication and social skills are impaired. Autism is also known as autism spectrum disorder...
- 5 Possible Causes of Multiple Sclerosis
MS is the result of an abnormal response of the body’s immune system. This response results in an attack on the central nervous system - the brain, spinal cord, and optic nerve. The immune system attacks the protective coating around the nerve fibers - myelin - creating scar tissue on and around...
- Lisa Marie Owens MA2100 W 3rd St Los Angeles CA 90057
- Ms. Joanna Cazden MS-CCC444 S SAN VICENTE BLVD LOS ANGELES CA 90048
- Ms. Valerie N Lew MS, CCC-SLP1815 W 213TH ST TORRANCE CA 90501
- Kathleen Walker2115 BEVERLY BLVD LOS ANGELES CA 90057
- Mrs. Nicole Marie Archambault besson EDS, MS, CCC-SLP1218 6TH ST SANTA MONICA CA 90401
- Mrs. Eleana Maria Izquierdo501 N 4TH ST APT 130 MONTEBELLO CA 90640