Dr. Maria Sheridan is a psychologist practicing in WASHINGTON, DC. Dr. Sheridan specializes in the treatment of health mental problems, and helps people to cope with their mental illnesses. As a psychologist, Dr. Sheridan evaluates and treats patients through a variety of methods, most typically being psychotherapy or talk therapy. Patients usually visit Dr. Sheridan because they have been experiencing depression, anxiety, stress or anger for a significant period of time and are seeking help. Psychologists may perform a variety of exams and assessments to diagnose a mental condition.
Maria Sheridan M.ED., ED.S., NCSP's Practice location
WASHINGTON, DC 20037Get Direction
Maria Sheridan M.ED., ED.S., NCSP's reviewsWrite Review
- New Research Shows Many Adults with Autism Are Unemployed
Many families with young adults on the spectrum describe the transition from adolescence to young adulthood as being a lot like learning to fly. Transition into adulthood is a critical period of development and milestones. A healthy transition can set the state for positive outcomes and advantages...
- How Autism Stigma Almost Killed a Young Boy
A young boy was in dire need of a transplant, but hospitals refused him due to his autism. After fighting the odds and getting the procedure, surviving, and thriving, he has started a conversation about preventing medical bias.Battle for a transplantLief was only nine years old when he became ill...
- Reasons Why You Need Psychotherapy
What Is Psychotherapy?Psychotherapy is an arrangement of treatments that are used in solving life issues such as mental disorders, psychiatric disorders, and emotional difficulties. Psychotherapy assists you in understanding your feelings, to sustain positivity, dealing with depression, and coping...
- “Cancer Anger” - An Explanation
Following a cancer diagnosis, it is normal to be overwhelmed with a lot of different emotions. Some individuals may feel shocked and frightened, while others may feel sad, guilty, or upset. There is no right way to feel. ...
- Do You Have Trypophobia?
What is trypophobia?Trypophobia is the fear or feeling of disgust when looking at closely packed holes. Individuals who have trypophobia tend to feel very unsettled the moment they look at things with small clusters of holes that are closely held together. Few of examples would be the head of a...
- Autism and 'The Good Doctor': Is it Accurate?
ABC's new hit show has taken television by storm with its dynamic character of Shaun Murphy, who is an autistic surgeon. However, many wonder: Does the show paint an accurate picture?Only one viewWhile it is great that there are more shows than ever before that have characters on the autism spectrum...
- Leslie K. Dalton6073 Arlington Boulevard Falls Church VA 22044
- Dr. Maria Del Carmen Puig-Casauranc PHD3000 Connecticut Ave NW Washington D.C 20008
- Dr. Maurine Kelber Kelly PHD4809 St Elmo Avenue Bethesda MD 20814
- Dr. Katherine Grace MacLean PSYD1555 Connecticut Avenue NW Washington DC 20036
- Dr. Don A. Miller PHD316 F Street North East Washington DC 20002
- Dr. Jennifer Lynn Shore PSY.D.10875 Main Street Fairfax VA 22030