Dr. Mary Smith is a speech language pathologist practicing in CASSADAGA, NY. Dr. Smith specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Smith evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Smith helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Mary B Smith's Practice location
CASSADAGA, NY 14718Get Direction
Mary B Smith's reviewsWrite Review
- What Is Tay-Sachs Disease?
IntroductionTay-Sachs disease is a genetic disorder that affects the brain's nerve cells. Individuals who have this disorder lacks a type of protein that is needed to break down fatty substances in the brain. Without this protein, fatty substances accumulate in the brain to toxic levels, which...
- What Is Lou Gehrig's Disease?
IntroductionLou Gehrig's disease is a neurodegenerative disorder that affects the brain and spinal cord. It is also called as amyotrophic lateral sclerosis or ALS. It is a progressive disorder that leads to the loss of voluntary muscle control in the body. This disorder often affects the...
- The History of Muscular Dystrophy
What is muscular dystrophy?Muscular dystrophy is an inherited disorder, which is often characterized by a progressive type of muscular degeneration and weakness. There are several types of muscular dystrophy, wherein each type eventually leads to an increased disability, strength loss, and potential...
- Early Warning Signs of Multiple Sclerosis
Is it Multiple Sclerosis?Although some of the symptoms of multiple sclerosis are common, there is no definitive pattern that applies to everyone. The symptoms of multiple sclerosis also resemble those of many other diseases. What sets the symptoms of MS apart from other conditions is time. In many...
- Late Talkers May Not Have Issues When They Become Teenagers
Children who are Late Talkers may have problems with behavior and emotional development as toddlers, but this may not persist into their teenage years, according to a study published in the journal, Pediatrics. In this study, the researchers followed 2,800 children from birth up until they were...
- Choosing the Right Education for Your Autistic Child
Autism spectrum disorder (ASD) can cause issues in crucial areas of development, such as social interaction, verbal and nonverbal communication, creative and imaginative play, and sensory processing.Children with ASD may have difficulty understanding and communicating their needs and wants to...
- Mrs. Donna B Moynihan M.S. CCC SLP40 GRANDVIEW AVE LAKEWOOD NY 14750
- Mrs. Sarah Marie Hall CCC-SLP5109 W SHOREWOOD DR DUNKIRK NY 14048
- Mrs. Barbara Katherine Keib-nelson CCC-SLP, NYS/L7755 ROUTE 83 SOUTH DAYTON NY 14138
- Mrs. Cara Lynn Frame M.S. CCC-SLP4300 WEBSTER RD FREDONIA NY 14063
- Mrs. Patricia Elizabeth Dugan LICENSED SLP138 W MAIN ST BROCTON NY 14716
- Carrie Pincoski Musielak SLP280 CENTRAL AVE FREDONIA NY 14063