Dr. Barbara Felkins practices Neuropathology in AUSTIN, TX. Dr. Felkins studies, evaluates, diagnoses, and treats conditions that affect the nervous system. Neuropathologists are trained to fully understand and treat such conditions as Alzheimers disease and Parkinsons disease.
Dr. Barbara Joyce Felkins M.D.'s Practice location
AUSTIN, TX 78701Get Direction
Dr. Barbara Joyce Felkins M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- How Michael J. Fox Feels About His Own Parkinson’s Symptoms
AARP, a non-profit organization, sat down with Michael J. Fox, who is not only known for his work on television and films like Back to the future, but also as a patient-advocate for Parkinson's disease. In the interview, Fox helped AARP learn more about the disease, even by answering some of their...
- Woman with Multiple Sclerosis Finds Relief in Stem Cell Therapy
Karen Boyd, a 46-year-old woman from Traverse City, has been coping with multiple sclerosis (MS) for over 11 years. “It's where your own immune system attacks itself” she said. Boyd was first diagnosed in 2005, when she started taking several medications to help alleviate her symptoms. “I was...
- Benign Paroxysmal Position Vertigo: What is it?
Many cases of vertigo experienced by people can be attributed to benign paroxysmal position vertigo (BPPV). It is characterized by recurrent episodes of positional vertigo, which creates the spinning sensation after rapid movements of the head. It can occur due to certain head movements, turning in...
- What Is Euthymia?
IntroductionA person is often regarded as when in the longitudinal course of mood disturbances, the threshold of a disorder is not met. People with bipolar disorder may spend most of their time in the state of mania, depression, or in a mixed state, while the rest are in euthymia. Certain...
- Restless Legs Syndrome: The Treatment Options
Restless legs syndrome that’s not connected to an underlying condition whatsoever, can effectively be managed with certain medications and lifestyle changes. However, if the accompanying symptoms are extremely severe, they can be cured by treating the underlying condition. For instance, iron...
- Everest to End Duchenne: A Journey Against Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy
Latest research on Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (usually abbreviated as DMD) have been actively pursuing different, exciting strategies and methods. Some of the most renowned ones that have been tested on humans in clinical trials recently are: gene repair, gene therapy and exon skipping. This...
- Dr. Michael G. Hummer Other711 38th Street Austin Texas 78705
- Dr. Sami Mohamad Aboumatar M.D.2200 Park Bend Dr Austin TX 78758
- Dr. Stephanie Michael Vertrees M.D.711 W 38th St Austin TX 78705
- Dr. Mariana Georgeta Varga MD711 Stanton L Young Blvd Oklahoma City OK 73104
- Dr. Sara Westgate M.D., PH.D.5900 Southwest Pkwy Austin TX 78735
- Dr. Daniel I Schere M.D.111 S 11th St Philadelphia PA 19107