Dr. Richard L. Smith M.D.
Gastroenterologist | Gastroenterology1025 S 6th St Springfield IL, 62703
Dr. Richard Smith is a gastroenterologist practicing in Springfield, IL. Dr. Smith specializes in the digestive system and its diseases that affect the gastrointestinal tract, which include organs from the mouth to the anus as well as liver disorders. Gastroenterology includes conditions such as hepatitis, peptic ulcer disease, colitis, nutritional problems and irritable bowel syndrome. Dr. Smith performs colonoscopy and endoscopy procedures and provides accurate and thorough care for patients suffering from digestive issues.
Education and Training
Washington Univ Sch Of Med- St Louis Mo 1970
Washington University of Health and Sciences 1970
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Univ Of Ut Med Ctr, Internal Medicine
Dr. Richard L. Smith M.D.'s Practice location
Dr. Richard L. Smith M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Smith
- The Stress and Anxiety Behind Crohn's and Colitis
It’s no news flash that stress and anxiety can play a major role in health. From raising blood pressure to having a negative impact on a person’s ability to sleep, anxiety and too much stress, especially the wrong kind of stress, can cause a host of different problems for your health. It’s...
- What is Xanthan Gum?
Occurrence, Isolation Xanthun gum is an extracellular high molecular weight polysaccharide. It is obtained by microbial fermentation from Xanthomonas campestris and some other related micro organisms. The microorganism is produced on a medium which contains glucose, NH4Cl, and a mixture of amino...
- Sherman Award Recipients for Crohn's and Colitis Research Contributions
Photo credit: Diligent Rocket LLCBeginning last year, the Sherman Prize celebrates men and women who have made a big difference for those living with inflammatory bowel disease. Funded by the Bruce and Cynthia Sherman Charitable Foundation, the award is given to exceptional researchers, doctors,...
- What to Expect After a Biopsy
Biopsies may vary differently depending on the type and location of the tissues and how hard are they to obtain. The medical term used to describe such method is “invasiveness.” A less invasive procedure will, for example, take place in a doctor’s office the same day an abnormal tissue is...
- How to Diagnose Crohn's Disease and Colitis Through Blood Tests
At present, blood tests alone can not diagnose Crohn’s disease and colitis, but they are significant for the process to determine diagnosis, screening, and management of Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis. ...
- How Constipation Affects Women
Constipation is a very common condition that can affect everyone at some point in their lives. However, women are more commonly affected than men and the frequency of constipation cases increases with age. Constipation may be a frequent problem for some people, which may require medical...
- Dr. Aman Ali M.D.3309 Panther Creek Drive Springfield Illinois 62711
- Dr. Abdul Rehman MD751 N Rutledge St Springfield IL 62702
- Dr. Sailaja M. Cheruku M.D.1025 S 6th St Springfield IL 62703
- Dr. Howard B Chodash M.D.751 N Rutledge St Springfield IL 62702
- Dr. Aman Ali MD751 N Rutledge St Springfield IL 62702
- Dr. Stuart A Torgerson M.D.751 N Rutledge St Springfield IL 62702