Dr. Alison Briglia is a speech language pathologist practicing in EGG HARBOR TOWNSHIP, NJ. Dr. Briglia specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Briglia evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Briglia helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Alison Briglia M.S., CCC-SLP's Practice location
EGG HARBOR TOWNSHIP, NJ 08234Get Direction
Alison Briglia M.S., CCC-SLP's reviewsWrite Review
- 5 Possible Causes of Multiple Sclerosis
MS is the result of an abnormal response of the body’s immune system. This response results in an attack on the central nervous system - the brain, spinal cord, and optic nerve. The immune system attacks the protective coating around the nerve fibers - myelin - creating scar tissue on and around...
- What is Asperger's Syndrome?
Asperger's syndrome is a form of Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). The difference between Asperger's syndrome and autism is that people with Asperger's syndrome will not have delayed language development at a young age. An individual with Asperger's may be equally as smart as an individual who does...
- Treatment of Dysphagia (Swallowing Problems)
What is dysphagia?Dysphagia is a disorder in which a person is unable to swallow food or is having difficulty in moving food down to the stomach. The throat or esophageal muscles are unable to work properly, and that leads to this disease. It is usually seen in children, old aged persons, and people...
- Understanding Relapsing-Remitting Multiple Sclerosis (RRMS)
Most patients who are diagnosed with multiple sclerosis usually fall under the category of having RRMS. In most patients, relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis in the course of the disease changes after several decades and usually becomes worse, and the patient’s diagnosis is likely to progress...
- Clinically Isolated Syndrome vs. Multiple Sclerosis: What You Need To Know
Clinically isolated syndrome presents the same type of attack where the body’s immune system attacks the central nervous system. If this only happens once, it's known as CIS.Clinically Isolated SyndromeDespite popular belief, CIS does not always go on to develop multiple sclerosis. This does...
- Treatment of Multiple Sclerosis
The following are some of the treatments of MS that focus on slowing the progression of the disease, speeding recovery from attacks, and managing symptoms.Treatments for MS Attacks...
- Mary F Blisard M.A., CCC/SLP111 S BARTRAM AVE ATLANTIC CITY NJ 08401
- Kathleen Diblin MS, CCC-SLP650 S WHITE HORSE PIKE HAMMONTON NJ 08037
- Lauren Zayatz201 NEW RD LINWOOD NJ 08221
- Jessica Peller M.S.12 ESSEX CT MARGATE CITY NJ 08402
- Mrs. Karen Sue Reischke199 NEW RD STE 38 LINWOOD NJ 08221
- Kelly R Emmer M.S. CCC-SLP460 S WILLOW AVE GALLOWAY NJ 08205