Dr. Jessica Brown is a pediatrician practicing in Birmingham, AL. Dr. Brown is a doctor who specializes in the health care of children. As a pedicatrician, Dr. Brown diagnoses and treats infections, injuries, diseases and other disorders in children. Pediatricians typically work with infants, children, teenagers and young adults up to age 21. They practice medical care as well as preventative health care. Dr. Brown can oversee and manage the physical, mental and emotional health of their patients.
Education and Training
Nova Southeastern College Of Osteopathic Medicine 2004
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP
Dr. Jessica Lyn Brown D.O. MPH's Practice location
Birmingham, AL 35233Get Direction
Oklahoma City, OK 73104Get Direction
BATON ROUGE, LA 70808Get Direction
Dr. Jessica Lyn Brown D.O. MPH's reviewsWrite Review
- What Is a Rotavirus Vaccine?
A rotavirus is an oral vaccine against the rotavirus infection, which causes diarrhea, vomiting, fever, and headache in babies aged between 8-12 weeks. The diarrhea can be severe, which leads to dehydration. This vaccine is given to the child through the mouth using a dropper. Who should have a...
- What Is Cyanosis and Why Does It Occur?
IntroductionCyanosis is the medical term for a bluish discoloration of the skin, nails, toes, and mucous membranes. It is generally caused by low levels of oxygen in the blood. Normally, blood appears bright red when it is fully oxygenated. However, when blood does not have enough oxygen, it turns...
- Newborn Diagnosis: Tetralogy of Fallot
Tetralogy of FallotTetralogy of Fallot is a congenital heart defect, which affects the heart’s structure, causing blood with low levels of oxygen to circulate throughout the body. Babies born with tetralogy of Fallot tend to have a blue discoloration of the skin due to low oxygen levels in their...
- What Is Molluscum Contagiosum? Treatment and Home Remedies
Molluscum contagiosum is a contagious skin infection, which is mostly seen in children and the elderly. The infection comes with uneven bumps on the skin, which get bigger in size. The bumps are itchy and develop blisters when scratched. Sexually active adults are usually affected by this skin...
- Boys and Girls Experience Autism Differently, Study Finds
When it comes to the treatment of autism, researchers are still struggling to fully understand what options are best. In addition to learning how to treat the symptoms of autism, doctors are also still trying to figure out exactly what causes the condition to develop in certain children. While there...
- What Is Newborn Jaundice?
Jaundice is a harmless condition that often affects newborn babies, which makes the skin and whites of the eyes become yellowish. The medical description of jaundice in newborns is neonatal jaundice. It can occur if high levels of bilirubin are found in the blood and body tissues of...
- Dr. William H. Johnston MD806 St. Vincents Drive Birmingham Alabama 35205
- Thomas Gilbert Amason3401 Independence Drive Birmingham Alabama 35209
- Dr. Kami Blair Sester M.D.1022 1st St N Alabaster AL 35007
- Mrs. Margaret Anne Thiele M.D.1400 4th Ave S Birmingham AL 35233
- Dr. Hernan Moreno M.D.200 Riverhills Business Park Birmingham AL 35242
- Dr. Christina C. Cordell MD619 19th St S Birmingham AL 35249