Dr. Chester Lau is a radiologist practicing in Santa Clara, CA. Dr. Lau specializes in diagnosing and treating injuries and diseases using medical imaging techniques such as X-Rays, magnetic resonance imaging and computed tomography exams. These techniques offer accurate visibility to the inside of the patients body and help to detect otherwise hidden illnesses so that they can be treated quickly and efficiently.
Education and Training
Univ of Ca, Los Angeles, Ucla Sch of Med, Los Angeles Ca 1978
RadiologyAmerican Board of RadiologyABR
- La Co Harbor Ucla Med Ctr, Diagnostic Radiology; La Co Harbor Ucla Med Ctr, Flexible Or Transitional Year
Chester K. Lau MD's Practice location
Santa Clara, CA 95051Get Direction
Chester K. Lau MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Reasons Why You Need a Biopsy
OverviewA biopsy is a procedure that involves the removal of a sample tissue in the body to examine it closely under a microscope. The tissue is mainly examined to diagnose a certain disease. Some may use a needle or surgical methods to remove any lumps or suspicious nodules in the body. Some...
- What Is an X-Ray?
An X-ray is a type of electromagnetic radiation, which can be used to take digital images of parts of the human body. It is the same with visible light but has a certain different characteristic. The beneficial use of an X-ray is for medical imaging. It can help the physician to look inside your...
- Everything You Need to Know About Biopsy Procedures
What is a biopsy?A biopsy is a medical procedure, which is mostly used in diagnosing cancer. In this procedure, a small tissue sample is taken from your body for a closer examination under the microscope. A biopsy is usually recommended by your doctor if initial tests in your body suggest an...
- How to Prepare for a Biopsy
A biopsy procedure is a very important procedure, which is used to identify the underlying cause of your abnormal body tissues. Depending on your condition and the location of the tissue abnormality, different types of biopsies may be performed on you. A biopsy preparation, therefore, depends on...
- What to Expect After a Biopsy
Biopsies may vary differently depending on the type and location of the tissues and how hard are they to obtain. The medical term used to describe such method is “invasiveness.” A less invasive procedure will, for example, take place in a doctor’s office the same day an abnormal tissue is...
- What is Compartment Syndrome?
Compartment syndrome refers to the excessive buildup of pressure within the muscle compartments of the body. This will affect the functioning of the nerves and lead to cell death based on the intensity and duration of the pressure built up. Bleeding and inflammation after an injury usually leads to...
- Ramesh K. Gopi MD2500 Grand Road Mountain View California 94040
- Kiren S. Jain MD5924 Stoneridge Drive Pleasanton California 94588
- Bruce Daniel MD300 Pasteur Dr Stanford CA 94305
- Quynh-thu Xuan Le M.D.875 Blake Wilbur Dr Palo Alto CA 94304
- Recha Bergstrom MD795 El Camino Real Palo Alto CA 94301
- Horacio Murillo M.D.300 Pasteur Dr Stanford CA 94305