Dr. Mary Steele is a speech language pathologist practicing in EDGEWATER, FL. Dr. Steele specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Steele evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Steele helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Mrs. Mary L Steele MA-CCC-SLP's Practice location
EDGEWATER, FL 32141Get Direction
Mrs. Mary L Steele MA-CCC-SLP's reviewsWrite Review
- Understanding the Different Types of Multiple Sclerosis
Since MS does not progress in the same manner, professionals have divided the disease into four phenotypes based on the manner in which the disease progresses. The four types of multiple sclerosis are Clinically Isolated Syndrome, Relapsing-remitting Multiple Sclerosis, Primary Progressive Multiple...
- What Is Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy? Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Muscular dystrophies are a group of diseases that make the muscles of the body weaker over a period of time. The muscles become less flexible in this condition. Out of the nine types of muscular dystrophy, Duchenne muscular dystrophy is one of the most common.The main characteristics of this medical...
- Late Talkers May Not Have Issues When They Become Teenagers
Children who are Late Talkers may have problems with behavior and emotional development as toddlers, but this may not persist into their teenage years, according to a study published in the journal, Pediatrics. In this study, the researchers followed 2,800 children from birth up until they were...
- How Common is Autism?
According to a recent survey, 1 out of every 52 children who attend school is autistic. The rates of the disease are constantly increasing, and the disease has trippled in the past decade, not only in the U.S but all around the world.Boys are more affectedWhen we study different ethnic groups and...
- Choosing the Right Education for Your Autistic Child
Autism spectrum disorder (ASD) can cause issues in crucial areas of development, such as social interaction, verbal and nonverbal communication, creative and imaginative play, and sensory processing.Children with ASD may have difficulty understanding and communicating their needs and wants to...
- Treatment of Dysphagia (Swallowing Problems)
What is dysphagia?Dysphagia is a disorder in which a person is unable to swallow food or is having difficulty in moving food down to the stomach. The throat or esophageal muscles are unable to work properly, and that leads to this disease. It is usually seen in children, old aged persons, and people...
- Lakeitha Brown5535 S WILLIAMSON BLVD PORT ORANGE FL 32128
- Kimberly Traci Dever CCC/SLP1104 BEVILLE RD STE J DAYTONA BEACH FL 32114
- Carol Annette Claridy SLP125 EXECUTIVE CIR DAYTONA BEACH FL 32114
- Mary Rudd917 BEVILLE RD SOUTH DAYTONA FL 32119
- Mrs. Jennifer Lee Alicea SLP401 VENTURE DR SOUTH DAYTONA FL 32119
- Ms. Jeri-leigh M. Konicek M.S., CCC-SLP127 SPINNAKER CIR SOUTH DAYTONA FL 32119