Dr. Kristen West is a speech language pathologist practicing in TOLLHOUSE, CA. Dr. West specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. West evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. West helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Kristen West's Practice location
TOLLHOUSE, CA 93667Get Direction
Kristen West's reviewsWrite Review
- What is Asperger's Syndrome?
Asperger's syndrome is a form of Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). The difference between Asperger's syndrome and autism is that people with Asperger's syndrome will not have delayed language development at a young age. An individual with Asperger's may be equally as smart as an individual who does...
- Clinically Isolated Syndrome vs. Multiple Sclerosis: What You Need To Know
Clinically isolated syndrome presents the same type of attack where the body’s immune system attacks the central nervous system. If this only happens once, it's known as CIS.Clinically Isolated SyndromeDespite popular belief, CIS does not always go on to develop multiple sclerosis. This does...
- Raising a Child with Autism
Autism spectrum disorder (ASD), or autism, is a term used to describe a group of complex brain disorders in human beings. These disorders affect the social interaction of a person, verbal skills, nonverbal communication, and repetitive behaviors, along with any activity that needs a person to react...
- Is Multiple Sclerosis Genetic?
Multiple Sclerosis is a complex disease that can be caused by several factors; genetic structure is one of them. Several genes are thought to play a role in the development of MS. If any of a close relative, such as a sibling or a parent, has this disease, your chance of developing MS is slightly...
- Treatment of Multiple Sclerosis
The following are some of the treatments of MS that focus on slowing the progression of the disease, speeding recovery from attacks, and managing symptoms.Treatments for MS Attacks...
- What Is Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy? Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Muscular dystrophies are a group of diseases that make the muscles of the body weaker over a period of time. The muscles become less flexible in this condition. Out of the nine types of muscular dystrophy, Duchenne muscular dystrophy is one of the most common.The main characteristics of this medical...
- Mrs. Jennifer Marie Ray M.A.27890 BURROUGH VALLEY RD TOLLHOUSE CA 93667
- Ms. Tamara L Labbe M.S., CCC/SLP2410 STUART AVE CLOVIS CA 93611
- Mrs. Noriko Kristen Simpson M.S. CCC-SLP2028 ELLERY AVE CLOVIS CA 93611
- Ana Lucia Atkinson M.A. CCC-SLP2755 HERNDON AVE CLOVIS CA 93611
- Mrs. Rhonda Honora Stehman M.A., CCC-SLP4556 N QUAIL LAKE DR CLOVIS CA 93619