Dr. Douglas L Brand M.D.
Gastroenterologist | Gastroenterology3 Technology Drive East Setauket NY, 11733
Dr. Douglas Brand is a gastroenterologist practicing in East Setauket, NY. Dr. Brand specializes in the digestive system and its diseases that affect the gastrointestinal tract, which include organs from the mouth to the anus as well as liver disorders. Gastroenterology includes conditions such as hepatitis, peptic ulcer disease, colitis, nutritional problems and irritable bowel syndrome. Dr. Brand performs colonoscopy and endoscopy procedures and provides accurate and thorough care for patients suffering from digestive issues.
Education and Training
Columbia Univ Coll of Physicians And Surgeons, New York Ny 1968
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Univ Wa Med Ctr, Gastroenterology; Univ Wa Med Ctr, Internal Medicine; Univ Of Nc Hosps, Internal Medicine
- University Of Washington 1969
Dr. Douglas L Brand M.D.'s Practice location
East Setauket, NY 11733Get Direction
Dr. Douglas L Brand M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Brand
- Gluten-Sniffing Dogs for Celiac Disease Patients
When you think of a loyal and friendly pet, the first animal that comes to mind is most likely a dog. Countless are the things dogs can do for us. From military, sense of dangers, protection, guiding and as well as being our best companions, a dog has value on all sorts of levels. They are powerful....
- New DNA Test May Identify Celiac Disease
As far as healthy living and dieting are concerned, it seems that a gluten-free diet is the latest fad. Invite some friends to dinner, and it will be obvious that at least one of them will have issues with some of the dishes, probably due to gluten availability. This happens because some people...
- Five Tips for Living with Jaundice
Jaundice is a condition that causes the yellowing of human skin as well as the whites of the eyes. Its main cause is the build-up of bilirubin, which is a key component of the human blood and tissues. Since this is a medical condition, understanding the signs, symptoms, and the type of jaundice is...
- Recipes for Celiac Patients
Gluten sensitivity is real and it is serious. If you suspect that you may have a gluten sensitivity or celiac disease, please see a doctor to confirm that you actually suffer from eating it. Once you have been diagnosed, you must follow the ground rules of dealing with the disease when it comes to...
- Nausea and Vomiting as Symptoms of Colon Cancer
The majority of people with colon cancer do not experience any symptoms during the early stages of the disease. However, there are early signs of colon cancer that we need to be aware of.Colon cancer usually starts to occur with the development of non-cancerous (benign) polyps. These polyps develop...
- The Low FODMAP Diet and Inflammatory Bowel Disease: Myths and Facts
Until now, it has been recognized that diet neither causes nor treats inflammatory bowel diseases (IBD) such as Crohn’s disease or ulcerative colitis. However, specific diets have proven to be helpful in alleviating symptoms associated with these diseases. When considering this, it is important to...
- Dr. Paul Bermanski MD195 East Main Street Huntington New York 11743
- Dr. Julie E. Spivack MD425 Post Road Fairfield Connecticut 06824
- Dr. Ali S. Karakurum Other70 N Country Rd Port Jefferson NY 11777
- Dr. Scott Ingber M.D.775 Park Ave Huntington NY 11743
- Dr. Seth Evan Persky MD3400 Nesconset Hwy East Setauket NY 11733
- Dr. Rishi Pawa M.D.800 Rose St Lexington KY 40536