Dr. Shawna Abbey is a pediatrician practicing in Aurora, CO. Dr. Abbey is a doctor who specializes in the health care of children. As a pedicatrician, Dr. Abbey diagnoses and treats infections, injuries, diseases and other disorders in children. Pediatricians typically work with infants, children, teenagers and young adults up to age 21. They practice medical care as well as preventative health care. Dr. Abbey can oversee and manage the physical, mental and emotional health of their patients.
Education and Training
Univ of Co Sch of Med, Denver Co 1997
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP
- Univ Of Co Sch Of Med, Pediatrics
Dr. Shawna Abbey MD's Practice location
Aurora, CO 80045Get Direction
Dr. Shawna Abbey MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Abbey
- Facts About Autism
Autism affects both boys and girlsAutism affects one out of every 42 boys in America, and in total, 1 in 52 children in America is diagnosed with autism. As the disease is growing globally, it is important to know that treating the disease can be costly, both financially and...
- Mesenteric Adenitis: Symptoms, Causes, and Treatment
Introduction Mesenteric adenitis is the inflammation of the lymph nodes present in the mesentery, which is the membrane that attaches the small intestine to the abdominal cavity wall. It usually causes abdominal pain, especially in children and teenagers. Lymph nodes contain lymphocytes, which are...
- Is There a Relationship Between Autism and Vaccinations?
What the research showsSeveral studies have been carried out among children and adults to try and establish if there really is a link between the two, but the largest of them all was recently published in the Journal of the American Medical Association.The study was conducted to establish any link...
- Facts About Meningitis Vaccines
IntroductionThe only way to prevent serious and life-threatening diseases such as meningitis is through vaccination. Meningitis can also be caused by viral, bacterial, and fungal infections. The infection usually affects the meninges or membranes that enclose the brain and spinal cord. Although...
- How to Identify Insect Bites and Stings
The cause or severity of insect bites or stings can be determined by the symptoms. Most bug bite symptoms cause itchy or painful red bumps. Other insect bites can cause welts or blisters. The following are some clues of common insect bites:...
- How to Prevent Neonatal Jaundice
Jaundice is also described as hyperbilirubinemia, which is a very common condition that occurs in newborns within 2 to 4 days after they’re born. It results from an excessive amount of bilirubin, which is a waste product produced by the breakdown of red blood cells. Fully mature livers are capable...
- Dr. Deborah Keirstead Bublitz MD206 W. County Line Road Littleton Colorado 80129
- Dr. Susan Elizabeth Spoerke MD9141 Grant Street Thornton Colorado 80229
- Dr. Ovidio B. Bermudez MD7351 East Lowry Blvd. Denver Colorado 80230
- Dr. Margarita Guarin M.D.4545 East 9th Avenue Denver Colorado 80220
- Dr. Elizabeth O Solan MD13123 E 16th Ave Aurora CO 80045
- Dr. Darren S Zimbelman MD8383 W Alameda Ave Denver CO 80226