Dr. Anthony Kim is a cardiothoracic surgeon practicing in New Haven, CT. Dr. Kim specializes in surgical procedues of vital organs in the chest such as the heart, lungs, esophagus and more. As a cardiothoracic surgeon, Dr. Kim typically treats conditions like heart disease and lung disease. This class of surgeon can also include cardiac surgeons, cardiovascular surgeons, congenital heart surgeons and general thoracic surgeons.
Education and Training
Rush Med Coll of Rush Univ, Chicago Il 1998
RUSH MED COLL OF RUSH UNIV MED CTR 1998
- Difficult problems in thyroid surgery.
- Differential heparanase-1 expression in malignant and benign pheochromocytomas.
- Frequency of burn-trauma patients in an urban setting.
- In vivo and in vitro degradation of heparan sulfate (HS) proteoglycans by HPR1 in pancreatic adenocarcinomas. Loss of cell surface HS suppresses fibroblast growth factor 2-mediated cell signaling and proliferation.
- Identification of clinical factors predicting Pleurx catheter removal in patients treated for malignant pleural effusion.
- Management of malignant pleural effusions using the Pleur(x) catheter.
- Utility of silicone esophageal bypass stents in the management of delayed complex esophageal disruptions.
- From residency to clinical ownership: Reflections of a young thoracic surgeon.
- Cytologic imprints of giant atypical bronchopulmonary carcinoid tumor of the lung with extensive oncocytic component.
- Enucleation of a giant esophageal gastrointestinal stromal tumor.
- Roux-en-Y duodenojejunostomy in the treatment of Bouveret syndrome.
- Treatment of locally advanced non-small cell lung cancer.
- Diffusion lung capacity for carbon monoxide (DLCO) is an independent prognostic factor for long-term survival after curative lung resection for cancer.
- Right middle lobectomy for a primary pulmonary leiomyoma: a case report.
- Lymph node drainage patterns and micrometastasis in lung cancer.
- Rush-Presby-St Luke'S M C, General Surgery
Dr. Anthony W Kim MD's Practice location
New Haven, CT 06510Get Direction
LOS ANGELES, CA 90033Get Direction
Dr. Anthony W Kim MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Kim
- Atrial Fibrillation: What is a Catheter Ablation?
Atrial fibrillation - also known as AF or a-fib - is a medical condition that affects the rhythm of the heart. Problems that affect the rhythm of the heart cause a condition known as arrhythmia. This condition often causes irregular blood flow. It is quite common, with more than 200,000 cases in the...
- Are There Benign and Malignant Tumors of the Heart?
It is a well-known fact that in the body, in various tissues due to various reasons, neoplasms sometimes appear in the form of tumor growths. The heart is not an exception. The tumor growth can be benign and malignant. Therefore, there are two types of the heart tumors.Benign tumors These do not...
- Treatment for Congestive Heart Failure
The following methods work together to treat heart failure:...
- Complications of Myocardial Infarction
Complications can be divided according to different factors:...
- Congestive Heart Failure: What is Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery (CABG)?
Congestive Heart Failure is the leading cause of emergency hospitalization among people aged over sixty. It is a condition where the heart is inefficient in pumping the required amount of blood to the other parts of the body. This inefficiency can sometimes be so severe that it can impair the...
- What Is an Arrhythmia?
An arrhythmia is the violations of the frequency, rhythm, and sequence of heart contractions.Why do arrythmias occur?...
- Dr. Justin D Blasberg MD600 Highland Avenue Madison WI 53562
- Dr. Shawn Tittle MD56 Franklin St Waterbury CT 06706
- Dr. Umer Mansoor Darr MD330 Orchard Street New Haven CT 06511
- Dr. Vinod Antony Sebastian M.D.1450 Chapel St New Haven CT 06511
- Dr. Miriam Huang MD1450 Chapel Street New Haven CT 06511
- Dr. Michael L Dewar MD330 Orchard Street New Haven CT 06511