Dr. Parviz Sahandy is a psychiatrist practicing in Annapolis, MD. Dr. Sahandy is a medical doctor specializing in the care of mental health patients. As a psychiatrist, Dr. Sahandy diagnoses and treats mental illnesses. Dr. Sahandy may treat patients through a variety of methods including medications, psychotherapy or talk therapy, psychosocial interventions and more, depending on each individual case. Different medications that a psychiatrist might prescribe include antidepressants, antipsychotic mediations, mood stabilizers, stimulants, sedatives and hypnotics. Dr. Sahandy treats conditions like depression, anxiety, OCD, eating disorders, bipolar disorders, personality disorders, insomnia, ADD and other mental illnesses.
Education and Training
Teheran Univ, Fac of Med, Teheran, Iran 1960
UNIV OF TEHERAN (PAHLAVI MEDICAL SCHOOL) 1960
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN- Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- Univ Of Md Med Sys, Child & Adolescent Psychiatry; St Elizabeth'S Hosp, Psychiatry; Rockland Psych Ctr, Psychiatry; Jersey City Med Ctr, Flexible Or Transitional Year
- University of Maryland Program
Dr. Parviz Sahandy MD's Practice location
Annapolis, MD 21401Get Direction
Dr. Parviz Sahandy MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Binge Eating Disorder: Get the Facts
Individuals suffering from binge eating disorder (B.E.D) often eat excessively. They are not able to control the intake of food when the binges kick in. People with this disorder are distinct from bulimia and anorexia victims in that the former don’t vomit, eat little quantities of particular...
- Everything You Need To Know About Agoraphobia
Agoraphobia is an anxiety disorder in which you feel extremely fearful of places and situations that are uncomfortable and dangerous according to you. These are the places that make you feel trapped and assume that the escape might be difficult in the case of a panic attack, such as an elevator, a...
- Anxiety Increases the Risk of Heart Attack
As men age, their risk of heart attack rises, especially if they are prone to anxiety. In a 12-year study, anxiety was found to increase the risk of heart attack by 30% to 40% in men who are anxious when compared to men who are calmer, irrespective of other personality and risk factors. In this...
- What Is an Auditory Hallucination?
Auditory hallucinations are false perceptions of sound in the absence of an external stimulus. You basically hear voices talking to you or other noises or music, which others around you do not hear. It is a very common symptom among schizophrenics. As a percentage, about 70 percent of schizophrenic...
- What Is Valproic Acid?
Generic Name: Valproic AcidBrand Name: Valproate Sodium, Depacon, Depakene, StavzorIntroductionValproic acid is an anticonvulsant that works by restoring or increasing the level of certain chemicals in the brain. This medication can be used alone or in combination with other types of seizure...
- Tips for Parents who are Raising a Child with Autism
If you are a parent who has a child with autism, you need to be proactive when it comes to understand your child's condition, and weighing out different treatments options. It is common for you to work with a multitude of people to help make the best decision for your child. A child's ability to...
- Dr. Andrew Thomas Gergely MD3175 W Ward Rd Dunkirk MD 20754
- Dr. Danielle Renee Robinson M.D.8450 Dorsey Run Rd Jessup MD 20794
- Dr. Ana Natasha Cervantes M.D.8450 Dorsey Run Rd Jessup MD 20794
- Dr. John Harvey Wagoner M.D., PH.D., MBA133 Old Solomons Island Rd Annapolis MD 21401
- Dr. Joseph P Marnell MD7474 Greenway Center Dr Greenbelt MD 20770
- Dr. Memunatu Bangura M.D.7100 Chesapeake Rd Hyattsville MD 20784