Dr. Timothy Craig Smith M.D.
Psychiatrist | Psychiatry4641 Roosevelt Blvd Philadelphia PA, 19124
Dr. Timothy Smith is a psychiatrist practicing in Philadelphia, PA. Dr. Smith is a medical doctor specializing in the care of mental health patients. As a psychiatrist, Dr. Smith diagnoses and treats mental illnesses. Dr. Smith may treat patients through a variety of methods including medications, psychotherapy or talk therapy, psychosocial interventions and more, depending on each individual case. Different medications that a psychiatrist might prescribe include antidepressants, antipsychotic mediations, mood stabilizers, stimulants, sedatives and hypnotics. Dr. Smith treats conditions like depression, anxiety, OCD, eating disorders, bipolar disorders, personality disorders, insomnia, ADD and other mental illnesses.
Education and Training
Jefferson Med Coll-Thos Jefferson Univ, Philadelphia Pa 1989
Sidney Kimmel Medical College at Thomas Jefferson University 1990
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN
- Thos Jefferson Univ Hosp, Psychiatry
- Thomas Jefferson University Hospital Program
Dr. Timothy Craig Smith M.D.'s Practice location
Philadelphia, PA 19124Get Direction
Dr. Timothy Craig Smith M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Smith
- Treatment Options for Depression and Anxiety
Anxiety and depression are similar conditions that develop when neurotransmitters, like serotonin, are not as effective. Low serotonin levels, as well as dopamine and epinephrine levels, play an important role in the development of both anxiety and depression. Since both conditions affect the same...
- Have You Heard About the Various Types of Depression?
Depression is a state of mind wherein people feel sad, anxious, and upset all the time. It is a mental condition that affects the way a person thinks, feels, and behaves. Depression happens when people's thoughts turn completely negative and they later become distant avoiding any form of social...
- What Is Disorganized Schizophrenia?
Schizophrenia is a serious mental disorder involving a breakdown that drastically affects how a person thinks, feels, and behaves. The disorder has five subtypes, one of which is disorganized schizophrenia. Its very name implies the typical and predominant characteristics by which it is identified:...
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder: Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis and Treatment
Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD), also known as chronic anxiety neurosis, is a condition characterized by excessive anxiety and worry about common occurrences and everyday life events. It’s quite normal to feel anxious when there is a reason to worry, such as financial instability. However, a...
- What Is Paranoid Schizophrenia?
Paranoid schizophrenia is a subtype of schizophrenia in which the patient has hallucinations, false beliefs, and delusions that a person or group of individuals, regardless if they are his close friends or loved ones, are continuously plotting against him. At times, the patient may even believe that...
- What Does Trypophobia Do to the Brain?
Trypophobia is a term that was created way back to refer to a certain kind of phobia. It is not an official name and you can’t even find it in the official list of phobias. However, the kind of phobia that this term is used to refer to is as real and as natural as it gets. That should explain why...
- Paul Jay Fink191 Presidential Boulevard Bala Cynwyd Pennsylvania 19004
- Dr. Allen Y. Masry M.D.141 South Blackhorse Pike Blackwood New Jersey 08012
- Dr. Renata Angelini MD5300 W HILLSBORO BLVD coconut creek FL 33073
- Dr. Susanne Inez Steinberg MD351 New Albany Road Moorestown NJ 08057
- Henri Parens111 Presidential Blvd. Bala Cynwyd Pennsylvania 19004
- Dr. Ramesh B. Eluri M.D.4641 Roosevelt Blvd Philadelphia PA 19124