Dr. Carl Adkins is an anesthesiologist practicing in Dallas, TX. Dr. Adkins ensures the safety of patients who are about to undergo surgery. Anestesiologists specialize in general anesthesia, which will (put the patient to sleep), sedation, which will calm the patient or make him or her unaware of the situation, and regional anesthesia, which just numbs a specific part of the body. As an anesthesiologist, Dr. Adkins also might help manage pain after an operation.
Education and Training
La State Univ Sch of Med In Shreveport, Shreveport La 1986
AnesthesiologyAmerican Board of AnesthesiologyABA
- Dallas Co Hp-Parkland Mem, Anesthesiology; John P Smith Hosp, Flexible Or Transitional Year
- University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas and Affiliated Hospitals 1990
Dr. Carl Eugene Adkins MD's Practice location
Dallas, TX 75390Get Direction
Dr. Carl Eugene Adkins MD's reviewsWrite Review
- All About Addison's Disease
What is Addison’s disease?One of the ways in which the body maintains proper balance is by using certain chemical messengers called as hormones. This done so to regulate various functions in the body. There is a small adrenal gland present above each kidney. These glands work to produce hormones,...
- What Causes Dehydration?
Humans have approximately 60 percent of water in the body. Even if 1.5-2 percent of that water is lost, mild dehydration will start, which can lead to severe dehydration requiring immediate medical attention. Because your mood, energy level, and coordination deteriorate with the loss of body fluids,...
- What Are the Risks of Laminectomy?
Your doctor will first attempt to give you other alternative treatments before recommending surgery. If your back pain still persists after treatment, your doctor may suggest for surgery as one of the solutions. Laminectomy is the most probable surgical procedure that you will have to undergo.Facts...
- Recovery After a Laminectomy
Laminectomy is a surgical procedure done for the removal of the lamina, bone spurs, and ligaments that may be putting pressure on your spinal nerves and causing lower back pain. The procedure is said to be one of the most commonly performed back surgeries. Below is a detailed information on what...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- What Is the Epiglottis?
What is Epiglottis?Epiglottis is a elastic flap of tissue that is shaped like a thin leaf and situated at the root of the tongue. It protects the opening between the vocal cords, known as the entrance of the glottis. Epiglottis is covered with mucous membrane, which is a yellow elastic cartilage...
- Dr. Bharat Vadher MD4532 Banyan Lane Dallas Texas 75287
- Torrence J. Stepteau 717 Fegans Path Colleyville Texas 76034
- Dr. Edward R. Bryan M.D.6225 North State Highway 161 Irving Texas 75038
- Dr. Christopher P Creighton M.D.2345 Dougherty Ferry Rd Saint Louis MO 63122
- Dr. Jeffry C. Harper M.D.13601 Preston Road Dallas Texas 75240
- Dr. Charles Truong M.D.3500 West Wheatland Road Dallas Texas 75237