Dr. John Broek is an optometrist practicing in Urbandale, IA. Dr. Broek specializing in providing eye care services to patients. As an optometrist, Dr. Broek performs eye exams, tests vision, corrects vision by prescribing eye glasses or contacts, detects certain eye disorders and manages and treats vision problems. Optometrists often work closely with ophthalmologists who may need to further treat patients with surgical procedures.
Dr. John Albert Broek O.D.'s Practice location
Urbandale, IA 50322Get Direction
Dr. John Albert Broek O.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- How to Get Rid of a Stye: 17 Home Remedies and Treatments
What is a stye?A stye occurs when a particular strain of bacteria affects the oil gland of the eyelid. It becomes infected and causes inflammation, redness, as well as pain on the eyelid and its surrounding tissues. A stye is an inflamed swelling or circumscribed abscess. It can be treated with...
- What Is Double Vision?
What is Double Vision?Seeing two images of the same object displaced horizontally or vertically is known as double vision or diplopia. While most of the cases of double vision are not serious, some need to be treated quickly. There are three categories of diplopia:...
- Differences Between Optometrists, Opticians, and Ophthalmologists
Safeguarding Your VisionWe are all dependent on our vision in more ways than we realize. Without a healthy vision, we would be unable to smoothly do a lot of things. Our vision enables us to properly work and recognize faces and objects.There are numerous factors that can affect our eyes, including...
- Treatments for Cataracts
A cataract is blurring of the lens of the eye. The lens is oval-shaped and mostly consists of water and protein. It is located at the back of the iris and pupil. The lens protein molecules are organized in a way that makes it clear so that light can pass through it to the retina. The focus of the...
- What to Expect After LASIK Eye Surgery
LASIK eye surgery is a corrective procedure that aims to rectify vision distortions that are caused by the changing curvature of the cornea and shifting length of the eyeball. The cornea is a transparent coating that bulges on the outside of the eyeball, and allows light to penetrate its surface at...
- Dr. Lisa R Brooks OD629 N Ankeny Blvd Ankeny IA 50023
- Dr. Todd Randall Pietig O.D.12871 University Ave Clive IA 50325
- Dr. Elizabeth A Goerke OD400 N. 48th St Lincoln NE 68504
- Dr. Jesse James Kahnk O. D.111 Nw 9th St Ankeny IA 50023
- Dr. Megan Marie Petersen O.D.119 N Ankeny Blvd Ankeny IA 50023
- Dr. Thomas Kemmerer O.D.1300 University Ave W Saint Paul MN 55104