Dr. Pedro Vargas is an ophthalmologist practicing in Arecibo, PR. Dr. Vargas specializes in eye and vision care. As an ophthalmologist, Dr. Vargas can practice medicine as well as surgery. Opthalmologists can perform surgeries because they have their medical degrees along with at least eight years of additional training. Dr. Vargas can diagnose and treat diseases, perform eye operations and prescribe eye glasses and contacts. Ophthalmologists can also specialize even further in a specific area of eye care.
Education and Training
University of Puerto Rico School of Medicine 1973
Dr. Pedro Vargas M.D.'s Practice location
Arecibo, PR 00612Get Direction
Dr. Pedro Vargas M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- What Causes Cataracts, and What Can Be Done to Fix Them?
When the lens of the eye becomes clouded, it is deemed to be cataract. This is the leading cause of vision loss in people over the age of 40, and cataracts are responsible for the majority of blindness across the globe. Over 22 million Americans over the age of 40 are currently affected by...
- What are Cataracts: Get the Facts
Cataract is the blurring of the lens part of the eye that can lead to complications in vision. Aging is the cause of the common form of cataract. It grows slowly and should symptoms develop they should not be ignored as this condition worsens with time. Congenital defects, previous eye surgery,...
- Treatments for Conjunctivitis
Conjunctivitis or "pinkeye" is an infection of the conjunctiva, the thin, clear membrane coating the white of the eye and lining the inside of the eyelid. The symptoms may vary slightly depending on the cause, but are distinct: redness of the white part of the eye, tearing, a thick yellow discharge...
- What is Eye Melanoma?
What is eye melanoma?Eye melanoma is also known as ocular melanoma. It is a type of cancer that develops in the eye, from the melanin-producing cells.Melanoma is a type of malignant cancer that develops in the melanin-producing cells all over the human body. Melanin-producing cells are known for the...
- What is Conjunctivitis: The Facts
Conjunctivitis is a condition that most commonly appears in the human eyeball, specifically in the front of the eye. Conjunctivitis can be seen when the white part of the eye turns red or pink. Most people think that red eye can appear if they don’t sleep enough, but they might not actually be...
- Dr. Andres Emanuelli anzalotta M.D.Ave Americo Miranda Centro Medico de Puerto Rico San Juan PR 00936
- Dr. Juan Carlos Maldonado-melendez M.D.25 Ave Jesus M Armaiz Vega Baja PR 00693
- Dr. Jose Antonio Carro soto MDAvenida Miramar 540 Arecibo PR 00612
- Dr. Jose M. Colon-vaquer M.D.Suite 104 Manati PR 00674
- Dr. Vilma Perez M.D.200 Carr 2 Torre Medica I Dr Pedro Blanco Lugo Manati PR 00674
- Dr. Juan Ignacio Perez M.D.200 Carr 2 Torre Medica I Pedro Blanco Lugo Manati PR 00674