Dr. Raj Gopal Karunakara M.D.
Pulmonologist | Pulmonary Disease1834 Sw 1st Ave Suite 101 Ocala FL, 34474
Dr. Raj Karunakara practices Pulmonology in Ocala, FL. A pulmonologist is a physician who possesses specialized knowledge and skill in the diagnosis and treatment of pulmonary conditions and diseases. Dr. Karunakara manages patients who need life support and mechanical ventilation, and is specially trained in diseases and conditions of the chest, particularly pneumonia, asthma, tuberculosis, emphysema, and complicated chest infections.
Education and Training
T.D. Med Coll, Univ of Kerala, Aleppey, Kerala, India 1992
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Neuromuscular activation and RPE in the quadriceps at low and high isometric intensities.
- Changes in forearm blood flow during single and intermittent cold application.
- The effects of rest interval and resistance training on quadriceps femoris muscle. Part II: EMG and perceived exertion.
- Relation between open and closed kinematic chain assessment of knee strength and functional performance.
- Effects of rest interval on isokinetic strength and functional performance after short-term high intensity training.
- Suny Hlth Sci Ctr Brooklyn, Critical Care Medicine-Internal Medicine; Suny Hlth Sci Ctr Brooklyn, Pulmonary Diseases; St Mary'S Hosp-Unity Hlth Sys, Internal Medicine
- SUNY Health Science Center at Brooklyn Program
Dr. Raj Gopal Karunakara M.D.'s Practice location
Ocala, FL 34474Get Direction
Dr. Raj Gopal Karunakara M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Karunakara
- Antibiotics May Not Alleviate the Symptoms of Sinusitis
A recent study has shown that antibiotics like amoxicillin are not very effective in controlling the symptoms of sinusitis, which is the infection of sinuses and the nasal passages. The study was conducted on 166 participants and the results are published in the journal of the American Medical...
- What Is a Barrel Chest?
Barrel Chest A barrel chest refers to an individual's chest that appears to be always partially inflated. It looks as if they are taking a deep breath with their rib cage broadened. An individual with a barrel chest may find it hard to breathe.A barrel chest may develop due to osteoarthritis or...
- Asthmatic Bronchitis: Symptoms, Causes, and Treatments
IntroductionEvery time you inhale, air enters your nose and mouth, and then flows down the throat through the air passageways called as bronchial tubes. For the air to reach the lungs, these passageways need to be open. To transport the oxygen to the tissues of the body, oxygen is passed into the...
- Alternative Treatments for Lung Cancer
Lung cancer, also known as lung carcinoma is characterized by a malignant lung tumor caused by an uncontrolled growth of cells in tissues of the lungs. There are two main types of lung cancers-small cell lung cancer and non-small cell lung cancer. It is widely known that lung cancer is the most...
- Dietary Supplements for Cystic Fibrosis
Cystic FibrosisCystic fibrosis is a disorder that is inherited and known to damage the lungs, the digestive system, and other vital organs of the body. Cystic fibrosis causes an impact on the cells that produce mucus, digestive juices, and sweat. These secreted fluids are usually thin and slippery,...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- Dr. Marivic Delos reyes Villa M.D.1507 Buenos Aires Blvd. The Villages FL 32159
- Dr. Purushottam Mitra M.D.1834 Sw 1st Ave Ocala FL 34471
- Dr. Nagesh Kohli M.D.1834 Sw 1st Ave Ocala FL 34471
- Dr. Anil Kumar Gogineni M.D.1834 Sw 1st Ave Ocala FL 34471
- Dr. Ariosto E Rosado MD1500 Sw 1st Ave Ocala FL 34471
- Dr. Poonam Warman MD PA1500 Se Magnolia Ext Ocala FL 34471