Dr. Michael Lucas practices Emergency Medicine in Walnut Creek, CA. Dr. Lucas assesses patients who seek immediate medical attention at any time of day or night. Emergency Medicine Physicians are trained to efficiently work with each patient and situation no matter how acute or life-threatening. Dr. Lucas examines patients, determines means of testing, diagnoses conditions, and decides the best treatment methods.
Education and Training
Ny Coll Of Osteo Med Of Ny Inst Of Tech- Old Westbury Ny 1999
New York Institute of Technology College of Osteopathic Medicine 1999
University of Arizona College of Medicine 1989
Emergency MedicineAmerican Board of Emergency MedicineABEM
- North Shore Univ Hosp, Emergency Medicine
- Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
Dr. Michael G. Lucas DO's Practice location
Walnut Creek, CA 94596Get Direction
Dr. Michael G. Lucas DO's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Lucas
- What Is Reye's Syndrome: Causes and Treatments
What is Reye’s syndrome?Reye's syndrome is a rare but serious condition that can cause swelling of the liver and brain. Even though this condition can occur at any age, it is mostly reported to affect children and teenagers, especially those who are trying to recover from viral infections, such as...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- What is the encephalitis causes and prevention?
What is encephalitis?Encephalitis means inflammation of the brain. Fever, headache, and joint pain are often experienced in the early stages of encephalitis. Other severe symptoms may develop over some days or hours. They include personality changes, seizures, disorientation, confusion, or...
- What Is a Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)?
OverviewA transient ischemic attack (TIA) is a mini-stroke, which only lasts for a few minutes. It occurs when blood stops flowing to a part of the brain for a short time. The symptoms of TIA are similar to other symptoms of stroke, but they do not last long, so TIA does not lead to permanent...
- What Is a GI Cocktail?
Introduction A GI cocktail or gastrointestinal cocktail is a mixture of liquid antacid, viscous lidocaine, and an anticholinergic agent. A GI cocktail is primarily used to treat dyspepsia.There are a wide variety of GI cocktail recipes nowadays. One popular recipe is a mixture of viscous lidocaine,...
- Influenza B: What You Need to Know
Influenza Influenza, also commonly called as the flu, is a highly contagious respiratory infection caused by viruses, particularly influenza A or influenza B. These viruses usually infect the throat, nose, and lungs. Although the flu causes mild symptoms in most people, it can also cause severe...
- Dr. Naomi Victoria Marks M.D.1411 E. 31st St. Oakland CA 94602
- Dr. John K Burke MD350 Hawthorne Ave Oakland CA 94609
- Dr. Stephen D Cady MD911 Sunset Dr Hollister CA 95023
- Dr. Andre H. Baitoo MD4501 Sand Creek Rd Antioch CA 94531
- Dr. Russell Gerald Rodriguez M.D3901 Lone Tree Way Antioch CA 94509
- Dr. Christopher Wade Wallace M.D.Sutter Solano Medical Center Vallejo CA 94589