Dr. Amy Cohen is a psychologist practicing in Charleston, SC. Dr. Cohen specializes in the treatment of health mental problems, and helps people to cope with their mental illnesses. As a psychologist, Dr. Cohen evaluates and treats patients through a variety of methods, most typically being psychotherapy or talk therapy. Patients usually visit Dr. Cohen because they have been experiencing depression, anxiety, stress or anger for a significant period of time and are seeking help. Psychologists may perform a variety of exams and assessments to diagnose a mental condition.
- Differences in systemic opioid use do not explain increased fever incidence in parturients receiving epidural analgesia.
- The role of intrapartum fever in identifying asymptomatic term neonates with early-onset neonatal sepsis.
- Expectant management in spontaneous preterm premature rupture of membranes between 14 and 24 weeks' gestation.
- Using seminar blogs to enhance student participation and learning in public health school classes.
- Personal characteristics associated with resident physicians' self perceptions of preparedness to deliver cross-cultural care.
- Hospitalists and the quality of care in hospitals.
- Innovation in Stroke Care Quality: NIH Stroke Scale Change and Shewhart Charts.
- Identifying and Tracking Gas Suicides in the U.S. Using the National Violent
- Evaluating the Evaluators: Implementation of a Multi-Source Evaluation Program for Graduate Medical Education Program Directors.
Amy Paige Cohen PH.D.'s Practice location
Charleston, SC 29425Get Direction
URBANA, IL 61802Get Direction
Amy Paige Cohen PH.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- The Science Behind Depression: What Happens in Your Brain
Although the causes of depression are often associated with tragic life events, pregnancy, retirement, or conflicts in a relationship, this complex disorder is scientifically believed to be caused by a chemical imbalance. This chemical imbalance can be a result of a genetic vulnerability,...
- Am I a Candidate for Gastric Bypass Surgery?
Gastric bypass surgery is the best-known type of weight loss surgery. The aim of gastric bypass surgery is to restrict how much food a person can eat and how much nutrients to absorb. The result of this procedure is weight loss.Gastric bypass surgery is not designed for everyone who wishes to lose...
- Phobia: What are the Different Types? How are they Treated?
What Is a Phobia?People usually have fears like drowning, getting hurt by knives, fire, cockroaches, etc. However, in some cases, the fears become so irrational that the person has severe anxiety and tries everything possible to avoid facing the situations they’re afraid of. When fears become...
- What's a Nymphomaniac?
What is Nymphomania?Nymphomania is a mental and emotional condition in women characterized by a sudden increase or extreme frequency of sexual urges or activity. To differentiate this from promiscuity and lust, the condition features a preoccupation with sex-related thoughts, feelings, or even...
- Can Adults have Autism?
You will get a lot of information online on how to determine autism in child, as it can be easily noticed in children as young as 24 months old. What about autism in adults? Adults are not immune to autism and its effects either.At present, thousands of adults suffer from untreated autism and face...
- Separation Anxiety in Children: Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis and More
It’s normal for young children to feel anxious when they're separated from a loved one. However, when this fear occurs in a child above six years of age, is intense, and persists for more than four weeks, the child may have separation anxiety disorder.What is Separation Anxiety Disorder?Separation...
- Dr. Nancy Johnson Warren PHD26A Bee Street Charleston South Carolina 29425
- Dr. Katarzyna Ciszewski D.C.710 Johnnie Dodds Boulevard Mount Pleasant SC 29464
- Dr. Susan maria Loreto West PH.D.295 Seven Farms Dr Charleston SC 29492
- Dr. Amy L Rhodes PSYD250 Mathis Ferry Rd Mount Pleasant SC 29464
- Dr. Cashton Blaine Spivey PH.D.1 Poston Rd Charleston SC 29407
- Dr. Scott Barton316 Calhoun St Charleston SC 29401