Dr. Philip Lefevre is a geriatric psychiatrist practicing in Saint Louis, MO. Dr. Lefevre specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of mental disorders, particularly in older adults. Patients who visit geriatric psychiatrists typically look for help with problems like memory loss, depression, difficulty coping with change, stress, dementia, anxiety and more. Older adults may also experience emotional distress after being diagnosed with a disease as well. Dr. Lefevre helps patients after a comprehensive diagnostic exam so the root of their problems can be treated.
Dr. Philip J Lefevre MD's Practice location
Saint Louis, MO 63104Get Direction
Dr. Philip J Lefevre MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Can Alzheimer’s Affect You Suddenly?
What is Alzheimer’s disease?Alzheimer's disease is an irreversible and progressive brain disorder, wherein the connections between the nerve cells or neurons are lost and ultimately die. It is also one of the most common causes of dementia that causes loss of intellectual and social skills. As the...
- What is Cancer Immunotherapy?
Immunotherapy, also referred as biological therapy, is a special type of cancer treatment aimed at boosting the body's immune system to help fight cancer cells. Cancer cells don’t die normally as other cells do, and divide uncontrollably with each cell making more of itself like a copy machine...
- St. John's Wort for Depression Treatment
The scientific name of St. John’s wort is Hypericum perforatum, which is a powerful medicinal herb that has anti-inflammatory properties. This herb has been long been used due to its health benefits, especially in relieving depression. Ancient Greek physicians believed that this herb possessed a...
- Cognitive-Enhancing Medication for Parkinson's Disease
What is Parkinson’s disease?Parkinson’s disease is known to have an impact on the nerve cells in the brain that produce dopamine. It is a progressive disorder of the central nervous system that can affect body movements. The disease develops gradually, wherein there are hardly noticeable tremors...
- Symptoms of Atypical Depression
Depression is usually signified by extended moods of sadness and a generally low mood even when events occur that should normally lift someone’s spirits. Patients generally ignore all positive stimuli, preferring to remain in a cocoon irrespective of external circumstances. At one stage, the loss...
- Antidepressants for Parkinson's Disease
Parkinson’s disease affects people of ages 55-75, although it may affect younger people, too. Parkinson's disease is a neurological disorder. This disease affects the movement of muscles, their control, and balance.Symptoms of Parkinson’s Disease...
- Dr. Claudia T. Viamontes M.D., PH.D522 N. New Ballas Saint Louis MO 63141
- Dr. Katherine P. Buchowski M.D.763 S New Ballas Rd Saint Louis MO 63141
- Dr. Randy John Jung M.D.301 W Lincoln St Belleville IL 62220
- Dr. George T Grossberg MD1221 S Grand Saint Louis MO 63104
- Dr. Muhammad Atthar Naeem M.D.1 Jefferson Barracks Dr Saint Louis MO 63125
- Dr. Carl Leon Mcgahee M.D.4340 Lindell Blvd Saint Louis MO 63108