Dr. Michael Dolan is a psychologist practicing in Dallas, TX. Dr. Dolan specializes in the treatment of health mental problems, and helps people to cope with their mental illnesses. As a psychologist, Dr. Dolan evaluates and treats patients through a variety of methods, most typically being psychotherapy or talk therapy. Patients usually visit Dr. Dolan because they have been experiencing depression, anxiety, stress or anger for a significant period of time and are seeking help. Psychologists may perform a variety of exams and assessments to diagnose a mental condition.
Dr. Michael Paul Dolan PH.D.'s Practice location
Dallas, TX 75216Get Direction
Dr. Michael Paul Dolan PH.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Depression: Finding the Right Antidepressant
The federal government’s health statisticians figure that about one in every 10 Americans take an antidepressant. The National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS) reports that the rate of antidepressant use in the US among teens and adults has increased by 400% from the years 1988 to 1994 to 2005...
- Anxiety Increases the Risk of Heart Attack
As men age, their risk of heart attack rises, especially if they are prone to anxiety. In a 12-year study, anxiety was found to increase the risk of heart attack by 30% to 40% in men who are anxious when compared to men who are calmer, irrespective of other personality and risk factors. In this...
- Explaining Autism to Friends and Family
After diagnosis comes an even more difficult task of having to break the news to friends and family. This is made more difficult by the fact that you and your spouse may not have fully come to terms with your child’s diagnosis. All the same, this is one of those things you will have to do sooner...
- Adolescents with Autism Need Better Access to Sex Education
Romance and intimacy are parts of life, and have been scientifically proven to add to emotional security and good mental health. When someone desires a relationship but isn't able to attain one, a common effect is depression, loneliness, a lessened feeling of self-worth, and feelings of isolation...
- Symptoms of Atypical Depression
Depression is usually signified by extended moods of sadness and a generally low mood even when events occur that should normally lift someone’s spirits. Patients generally ignore all positive stimuli, preferring to remain in a cocoon irrespective of external circumstances. At one stage, the loss...
- ADHD: What Is Talk Therapy?
Talk therapy can really be helpful to people living with ADHD. It’s normal for people to seek assistance from psychiatrists or professional counselors whenever they realize that they’re suffering from ADD/ADHD. You need to know that psychotherapy is very different from behavioral...
- Dr. QuaVaundra A. Perry PH.D.2249 Ridge Rd. Rockwall TX 75087
- Dr. Lynn Aikin Price PHD12880 Hillcrest Road Dallas Texas 75230
- Dr. Laura Hoppenstein Lacritz PHD ABPP5323 Harry Hines Blvd Dallas TX 75390
- Dr. Amy A Parish PSY.D.1 Saint Vincent Cir Little Rock AR 72205
- Frederick Collins Hodges III PSY.D.7200 Hwy 161 Irving Texas 75039
- Dr. Karen Kay Brewer-mixon PHD5323 Harry Hines Blvd Dallas TX 75390