Dr. Marvin Talansky is an ophthalmologist practicing in Asbury Park, NJ. Dr. Talansky specializes in eye and vision care. As an ophthalmologist, Dr. Talansky can practice medicine as well as surgery. Opthalmologists can perform surgeries because they have their medical degrees along with at least eight years of additional training. Dr. Talansky can diagnose and treat diseases, perform eye operations and prescribe eye glasses and contacts. Ophthalmologists can also specialize even further in a specific area of eye care.
Education and Training
Med Univ of Sc Coll of Med, Charleston Sc 1973
Medical University of South Carolina College of Medicine 1973
OphthalmologyAmerican Board of OphthalmologyABO
- Macular Degeneration
- Diabetic Retinopathy
- Macular Hole
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Med Univ Sc Med Ctr, Ophthalmology; Med Univ Sc Med Ctr, Internal Medicine
- Trident Medical Center/Medical University of South Carolina Program
Dr. Marvin L Talansky MD's Practice location
Asbury Park, NJ 07712Get Direction
Dr. Marvin L Talansky MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Talansky
- Rosacea: What is Light Therapy and Why is it Used?
Rosacea is a chronic skin condition that mainly affects women past their 30s. According to the National Rosacea Society, approximately 16 million people in the US alone are affected with rosacea. It is a very common problem, especially among fair-skinned people. Rosacea causes redness over your...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- What are the Causes and Symptoms of Pink Eye?
Pink eye, or conjunctivitis, is a contagious eye condition caused by the inflammation and infection of the conjunctiva. The conjunctiva is the transparent membrane covering the white part of the eye and the eyeball. Infection and swelling of the the mucous membrane becomes reddish, and the entire...
- Is Lasik Eye Surgery Dangerous?
Lasik or laser-assisted in-situ keratomileusis employs a laser beam to correct nearsightedness, farsightedness and astigmatism. These are refractive errors that result from distortions in the curvature of the cornea of the eye. Lasik selectively peels away layers of stromal cells that constitute the...
- Diagnosing Cataracts: What You Need To Know
What are cataracts?When the lens located inside the human eye gets cloudy, it is called a cataract. A cataract in Latin means waterfall, thus describing what your vision with cataract is like; seeing through a waterfall. A cataract occurs as a result of the inability of the lens to allow sufficient...
- What are Gonococcal and Chlamydial Conjunctivitis?
Conjunctivitis is an infection of the eyes. It is easily contracted, but if treated in the right way, could be cured easily. There are several types of conjunctivitis, and two of them are Gonococcal and Chlamydial Conjunctivitis. These types of conjunctivitis are usually bacterial and may affect one...
- Dr. Revathi Naadimuthu MD509 Stillwells Corner Road Freehold New Jersey 07728
- Dr. Steven K. Mishkin MD500 W Main St Freehold NJ 07728
- Dr. Mark A Friedberg M.D.70 E Front St Red Bank NJ 07701
- Dr. Donald A Macdonald MD21 N Gilbert St Red Bank NJ 07701
- Dr. Carl J Senft M.D.1809 State Route 33 Neptune NJ 07753
- Dr. Robert J Fegan MD279 3rd Ave Long Branch NJ 07740