Cardiologist | Cardiovascular Disease1365 Washington Ave Suite 100 Albany NY, 12206
Dr. Richard Balsam is a cardiologist practicing in Albany, NY. Dr. Balsam specializes in diagnosing, monitoring, and treating diseases or conditions of the heart and blood vessels and the cardiovascular system. These conditions include heart attacks, heart murmurs, coronary heart disease, and hypertension. Dr. Balsam also practices preventative medicine, helping patients maintain a heart-healthy life.
Education and Training
Albany Medical College - Union University 1964
- Albany Med Ctr Hosp, Cardiovascular Diseases; Albany Med Ctr Hosp, Internal Medicine
Richard Balsam's Practice location
Albany, NY 12206Get Direction
Richard Balsam's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Balsam
- Can My Lifestyle Influence the Risk for Congestive Heart Failure?
Can My Lifestyle Influence the Risk for Congestive Heart Failure?Heart Failure means that due to some reasons, the heart is unable to pump blood to the body in the normal range. In most of the cases, heart failure is caused by reasons like high blood pressure, impaired heart muscles, heart attack,...
- The Correlation Between Height and Heart Disease Risk
The New England Journal of Medicine recently published research linking height and coronary artery disease through the study of genetics. Doctors have known since the 1950s about the link between short stature and coronary artery disease, “but the reason behind this really hasn’t been completely...
- What are the Signs and Symptoms of Congestive Heart Failure?
Congestive Heart Failure is also called as heart failure, CHF, cardiac failure, left sided heart failure or right sided heart failure. It is a condition in which the heart's function to contract and pump blood is inadequate to meet the needs of the body and the lungs. The blood from the right...
- Everything You Need to Know About Lupus
What is lupus?Lupus or systemic lupus erythematosus is an autoimmune disorder that may affect skin, kidneys, brain, and other organs. According to Lupus Foundation of America, about 1.5 million people in U.S. have lupus. This condition is seen more in women than in men....
- What Conditions Increase Your Risk of Congestive Heart Failure?
Heart failure, or congestive heart failure, is a chronic condition that indicates the inability of one’s heart to sufficiently fill with blood or distribute adequate amounts of blood to the entire body.Heart failure usually occurs in individuals with advancing age. However, anyone can develop the...
- Taurine Reduces the Risk of Coronary Heart Disease in Women
For women with high cholesterol, incorporating taurine into the diet can reduce the risk of heart diseases.According to the European Journal of Nutrition, it is revealed that taurine, the amino acid found in high amounts in poultry, meat, and in other food products, is highly useful and works as a...
- Richard F. Balsam1365 Washington Avenue Albany New York 12206
- Dr. Jonathan M. Desantis M.D.2 Palisades Drive Albany New York 12205
- Dr. Joseph D. Sacco MD47 New Scotland Ave Albany New York 12208
- Dr. Neel Pravin Chokshi MD1111 Amsterdam Ave New York NY 10025
- Dr. Herschel Joseph Sklaroff MD1175 Park Avenue New York NY 10128
- Dr. Sulagna Mookherjee M.D.47 New Scotland Ave Albany NY 12208