Matthew W. Harrison, MD, is a leading gastroenterologist currently serving patients at Community Healthcare Network in Indianapolis, Indiana. After earning his medical degree in 1998 at Stritch School of Medicine at Loyola University Chicago, he completed his internship and residency in internal medicine, as well as his fellowship in gastroenterology at Indiana University Medical Center from 1998 to 2004. Dr. Harrison is board-certified in internal medicine and gastroenterology by the American Board of Internal Medicine. Additionally, in order to stay up to date on all medical advancements in his field, he maintains a professional membership with the American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy and the American Gastroenterological Association.
Education and Training
Loyola University Chicago Stritch School of Medicine 1998
- Crohn's Disease
- Acid Reflux
- Colon Polyps
- Indiana University School of Medicine Program
- Internal Medicine, Indiana University Health, 2001
- Gastroenterology, Indiana University Health, 2004
Professional Society Memberships
- American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, American Gastroenterological Association
What do you attribute your success to?
- Putting patients first, good communication, skills, and dedication to the field
Hobbies / Sports
- Traveling, Scuba Diving, Family Time
Favorite professional publications
- New England Journal of Medicine, Gastroenterology Journal
Dr. Matthew Harrison MD's Practice location
INDIANAPOLIS, IN 46250Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Matthew Harrison MD | Gastroenterologist | Gastroenterology
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Matthew Harrison MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Harrison
- What Does the Gallbladder Do?
What is a gallbladder?The gallbladder is a hollow and pear-shaped structure situated under the liver and on the right side of the abdomen. Its primary function is to store and concentrate bile, which is a yellow-brown colored digestive enzyme produced by the liver. The gallbladder belongs to the...
- 230 Pill
IntroductionConstipation is a common concern in today’s changing lifestyle. It mainly occurs due to poor eating habits, not drinking enough of water, and not emptying your bowels whenever there is a need to do so. Lack of proper exercise or any kind of movement, pregnancy, and the use of certain...
- Recovery from a Gallbladder Surgery
You may be given pain relievers as you wait for the anesthesia to wear off after your gallbladder removal surgery. After surgery, you will be transferred to a recovery room where your condition will be monitored as you are given some time to rest.During a keyhole operation, carbon dioxide gas is...
- What is Appendicitis? What are the Causes of Appendicitis?
Appendicitis is a condition where the appendix, a small finger-like structure located in the right lower part of the abdomen, gets inflamed. Aside from inflammation, the appendix can burst when it is filled with pus. The appendix is commonly known to have no purpose or function in the human...
- Is Cirrhosis of the Liver a form of Cancer?
The liver is a vital and also, the largest organ in the human body. Its large size is a clear indication of the many roles it plays in the human body.Some of its functions include:...
- What induces GERD?
Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) is a condition that causes acid to rise from the stomach, back into the esophagus. The acidic content irritates the lining of the esophagus, resulting in heartburn and other symptoms associated with GERD. This condition is not specific for one type of...
- Dr. Abdo M. Saad MD110 Lead Avenue Southeast Albuquerque New Mexico 87106
- Dr. Debra J Helper M.D.550 N. University Blvd Indianapolis IN 46202
- Dr. Julia K Leblanc M.D.550 University Blvd Indianapolis IN 46202
- Dr. William R Kessler MD1801 N Senate Blvd Indianapolis IN 46202
- Dr. Daniel John Stout MD1120 Aaa Way Carmel IN 46032
- Dr. Naga Chalasani M.D.1001 W 10th St Indianapolis IN 46202