Dr. Patti Moulton is a psychiatrist practicing in Staunton, VA. Dr. Moulton is a medical doctor specializing in the care of mental health patients. As a psychiatrist, Dr. Moulton diagnoses and treats mental illnesses. Dr. Moulton may treat patients through a variety of methods including medications, psychotherapy or talk therapy, psychosocial interventions and more, depending on each individual case. Different medications that a psychiatrist might prescribe include antidepressants, antipsychotic mediations, mood stabilizers, stimulants, sedatives and hypnotics. Dr. Moulton treats conditions like depression, anxiety, OCD, eating disorders, bipolar disorders, personality disorders, insomnia, ADD and other mental illnesses.
Education and Training
Eastern Virginia Medical School 1984
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN
- Post-traumatic Stress Disorder (ptsd)
- Eastern Va Med Sch, Psychiatry
Dr. Patti G Moulton MD's Practice location
Staunton, VA 24401Get Direction
Dr. Patti G Moulton MD's reviewsWrite Review
- What Specialists Can Conduct Cognitive Behavioral Therapies?
When you are in a challenging situation that affects your behavior or thinking, cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) can help you achieve peace within yourself by breaking down your situation into five different parts:...
- Can Kava Relieve Anxiety? Learn the Truth About this Herbal Remedy
Many people suffering from anxiety disorders often turn to prescription drugs to ease their pain. While medications prescribed by your physician can be helpful, it is also useful to explore homeopathic remedies. Kava, also known as kava-kava, is a plant-based relaxant that has been used by Pacific...
- Are Stimulants Good for My Child?
Most parents whose children suffer from the attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) reject the consumption of caffeinated drinks. They often think that such drinks could worsen their children’s symptoms. So why do medical doctors prescribe sedatives to kids experiencing severe ADHD...
- The History of Muscular Dystrophy
What is muscular dystrophy?Muscular dystrophy is an inherited disorder, which is often characterized by a progressive type of muscular degeneration and weakness. There are several types of muscular dystrophy, wherein each type eventually leads to an increased disability, strength loss, and potential...
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder: Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis and Treatment
Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD), also known as chronic anxiety neurosis, is a condition characterized by excessive anxiety and worry about common occurrences and everyday life events. It’s quite normal to feel anxious when there is a reason to worry, such as financial instability. However, a...
- What Is Bipolar Disorder: Get the Facts
Life is a series of peaks and valleys as we try to experience, explore, and feel different things all throughout it. That's just the way life is for most of us, and we learn to navigate life's challenges and grow from our experiences. But for people with bipolar disorder, life takes on a much more...
- Dr. Steven E Hutchens MD644 University Blvd Harrisonburg VA 22801
- Dr. Veronica Harsh M.D.1301 Richmond Road Staunton VA 24401
- Dr. Darin Lee Christensen M.D.19 Briar Knoll Ct Fishersville VA 22939
- Dr. Michael Alan Hoffman M.D.102 Mactanly Pl Staunton VA 24401
- Dr. Lillian Mezey MD85 Sangers Ln Staunton VA 24401
- Dr. Benjamin Griffith Pumphrey MD120 W Nelson St Lexington VA 24450