Dr. Charles Hollander is an optometrist practicing in New York, NY. Dr. Hollander specializing in providing eye care services to patients. As an optometrist, Dr. Hollander performs eye exams, tests vision, corrects vision by prescribing eye glasses or contacts, detects certain eye disorders and manages and treats vision problems. Optometrists often work closely with ophthalmologists who may need to further treat patients with surgical procedures.
Education and Training
Columbia Univ Coll of Physicians And Surgeons, New York Ny 1959
- Johns Hopkins Hosp, Internal Medicine; Brigham & Women'S Hosp, Internal Medicine; Nyu Hospitals Center, Internal Medicine
Dr. Charles Hollander O.D.'s Practice location
New York, NY 10036Get Direction
New York, NY 10036Get Direction
Dr. Charles Hollander O.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- What are Bilateral Cataracts?
The lenses of healthy eyes are usually clear. Cataracts occur when a person's lenses become cloudy and opaque. Cataracts can affect both eyes at the same time, called bilateral cataracts. Bilateral cataracts are very common, but cataracts must occur on their own and cannot spread from one eye to the...
- What Could a Swollen Eyelid Mean?
Your eyelid’s skin is stretchy and loose with a thickness of less than 1 mm. Your eyelids can swell if there is a buildup of fluid in the tissues that surround your eyes.In most cases, swollen eyelids are not a cause for concern and can return back to its normal shape and size after a few days....
- What Causes Iritis?
What is iritis?The colored part of the eye is called the iris. When the iris gets inflamed, the condition is called iritis, which is also called anterior uveitis. The muscles present in the iris help in pupil contraction and relaxation. The anterior and posterior chambers of the eye are also...
- What is Age-Related Macular Degeneration?
Age-related macular degeneration is a common eye condition that affects macula, a small part at the back of the eye. Macula is the area of eye that helps us to differentiate the finer details. Damage to macula leads to gradual blurring of central vision. Macular degeneration impairs sharp vision and...
- Differences Between Optometrists, Opticians, and Ophthalmologists
Safeguarding Your VisionWe are all dependent on our vision in more ways than we realize. Without a healthy vision, we would be unable to smoothly do a lot of things. Our vision enables us to properly work and recognize faces and objects.There are numerous factors that can affect our eyes, including...
- How to Prevent Cataracts
When aging and physical injury affect the tissues that consist of your eye’s lens, cataracts develops.Some genetic disorders lead to different health challenges and enhance the risk of suffering cataracts. Other medical and eye conditions that can also cause cataracts are trauma, diabetes past eye...
- Dr. Michelle Penshorn O.D.2933 Broadway New York NY 10025
- Dr. Lou C Kushner O.D.425 Lexington Ave New York NY 10017
- Dr. Neera Kapoor OD33 W 42nd St New York NY 10036
- Dr. Neil S Schafran O.D.87 Nassau Street New York NY 10038
- Dr. Samantha Slotnick OD, FAAO, FCOVD495 CENTRAL PARK AVE Scarsdale NY 10583
- Dr. Mark Stadlen3803 Broadway Astoria NY 11103