Dr. Robert A. Nickelson M.D.
Hematologist-Oncologist | Hematology & Oncology2600 Kings Hwy Suite 340 Shreveport LA, 71103
Dr. Robert Nickelson is a hematologist oncologist practicing in Shreveport, LA. Dr. Nickelson specializes in the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of blood diseases such as anemia, hemophilia, sickle-cell disease, leukemia and lymphoma. Hematologist Oncologists are also trained in the study of cancer and its attack on other organs.
Education and Training
La State Univ Sch of Med In Shreveport, Shreveport La 1980
Louisiana State University School of Medicine in New Orleans 1980
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Medical Oncology
- Breast Cancer
- Lsu Hlth Sci Ctr-Univ Hosp, Hematology-Internal Medicine; Lsu Hlth Sci Ctr-Univ Hosp, Internal Medicine
- LSU HEALTH SCIENCES
Dr. Robert A. Nickelson M.D.'s Practice location
Dr. Robert A. Nickelson M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Nickelson
- Overcoming Lymphoma: A South Philly Student's Story
In April of 2018, 18-year-old Alexis Carine was diagnosed with Hodgkin’s lymphoma (HL), a blood cancer that begins in the lymphatic system. Her diagnosis was stage II HL, a cancer found in two or more lymph node areas, and both are either above or below the diaphragm (the muscle located just...
- Inspirational Blood Cancer Survivors
Different forms of blood cancer are responsible for claiming the third most lives out of all the types of cancer. Additionally, there are currently no known preventative treatments for blood cancers, and the disease also impacts children and young people more than any other form of cancer.When it...
- Mr. T's Lessons on Life and Lymphoma
There are several things that Mr. T is known for, including his career as a WWF wrestler and his role as B.A. Baracus in the hit series ‘The A-Team’. To this day, he continues to remain a fun and stylish icon of the 80s. Nevertheless, Mr. T is not only known for his appearances on television,...
- Woman Who Battled Lymphoma Three Times Starts Support Group
Battling cancer is just that - a battle. To make it through once is an incredible feat, but one Virginia Beach woman survived the terrible condition three times. Now, she is starting a support group so other women can have the incredible outcome she had as well.Lynne's storyUnfortunately, most...
- Morphos Declared a "Breakthrough Therapy" for Lymphoma
MorphoSys’s main objective is to design exceptional and unique biopharmaceuticals, all designed to enhance the lives of patients suffering from severe or life-threatening conditions.The human body has two types of lymphocytes that can develop into lymphomas: B lymphocytes (B cells) and T...
- What Are Lymphocytes?
A lymphocyte is a type of white blood cell (WBC) that has a significant function in the body's immune system. Lymphocytes function by properly responding to infectious microorganisms and other foreign invaders in the body. Lymphocytes can work alone, but some of them are also capable of...
- Dr. Donna Ann Walker MD301 Bert Kouns Shreveport LA 71106
- Dr. Manish Dhawan MD301 Bert Kouns Shreveport LA 71106
- Kevin Gallagher MD510 E STONER AVE SHREVEPORT LA 71101
- Dr. Leonid Volodin M.D.One Saint Mary Place Shreveport LA 71101
- Dr. Joseph Ryan Shows M.D.1501 Kings Hwy Shreveport LA 71103
- Dr. Gary Von Burton M.D.1501 Kings Hwy Shreveport LA 71103