Dr. Marc Rankin is an orthopaedic surgeon practicing in Washington, DC. Dr. Rankin specializes in the diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of injuries, diseases and disorders of the bodys musculoskeletal system. As an orthopaedic surgeon, Dr. Rankin tends to bones, ligaments, muscles, joints, nerves and tendons. Orthopaedic surgeons can specialize in certain areas like the hand, spine, hip, foot and ankle, shoulder and elbow or the knee.
Education and Training
Howard Univ Coll of Med, Washington Dc 1997
Howard University College of Medicine 1997
Orthopaedic SurgeryAmerican Board of Orthopaedic SurgeryABOS- Orthopaedic Sports Medicine
- Torn Meniscus
- Acl Tear
- Herniated Disc
- Rotator Cuff Syndrome
- Spinal Stenosis
- Washington Hosp Ctr, General Surgery
- Washington Hospital Center Program
Dr. Marc Espy Rankin M.D.'s Practice location
Washington, DC 20017Get Direction
WASHINGTON, DC 20016Get Direction
Dr. Marc Espy Rankin M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- How Can I Manage Tendinitis?
How Can I Manage Tendinitis?Tendinitis, the inflammation of the tendon, can cause acute pain and tenderness just outside the affected joints. It commonly affects shoulders, elbows, wrists, and heels. The affected region may have stiffness that restricts movement. It is also characterized by mild...
- What Type of Disorder Is Arthritis?
Arthritis is a chronic disorder that affects the musculoskeletal system. A person diagnosed with arthritis can have very uncomfortable pain in one or more than one joint in their body. Sometimes, arthritis may cause disability. Arthritis can also be caused by bacterial or viral infections,...
- How to Prepare for a Knee Replacement Surgery
A major factor that you should consider before having a knee replacement surgery is proper preparation. A good preparation will actually give you successful outcomes with fewer complications. As a patient, you should consider learning what to expect during the procedure and recovery both at home and...
- Reasons Why You Need Spinal Stenosis Surgery
Spinal stenosis is a situation where the vertebrae in the spine come close together and lie on one or more of the spinal nerves which come from the spinal cord. When this occurs, the individual may experience various symptoms such as:Numbness and a tingling sensationThe spinal nerves emerge from the...
- What Therapies Help to Treat Arthritis
Arthritis is a term used to describe about two hundred different types of ailments that affect the joints and its cartilage and surrounding connective tissue. These diseases are progressive degenerative diseases and can be very painful. Because arthritis has such a vast range of causes and symptoms,...
- What Causes Tingling in Feet?
IntroductionA tingling sensation in the feet is a common concern among people. This sensation tends to be a similar feeling to the pins and needles effect. Some people may even feel pain and numbness in their feet along with a tingling sensation, which can be bothersome. However, it is not usually a...
- Dr. William A. McNamara MD6000 Executive Blvd Rockville MD 20852
- Dr. Edward G. Magur M.D.2021 Kay Street NW Washington District of Columbia 20006
- Dr. Richard Leo Gaertner MD133 Maple Avenue E Vienna Virginia 22180
- Dr. Frank T. Lombardo M.D.1910 South Rd Poughkeepsie New York 12601
- Dr. My Hoa Kaas DPM2826 Old Lee Highway Fairfax Virginia 22031
- Dr. Easton L Manderson M.D.1140 Varnum St Ne Washington DC 20017