Dr. John Nichols is a vascular surgeon practicing in Fresno, CA. Dr. Nichols specializes in disorders relating to the arterial, venous and lymphatic systems. As a vascular surgeon, Dr. Nichols diagnoses and treats vascular diseases and performs vasular surgeries. Common conditions that a vascular surgeon treats are aneurysms, atherosclerosis and varicose veins. Vascular specialists might also treat trauma, venous ulcers, poor leg circulation, peripheral arterial disease and other vascular-related issues.
Education and Training
Univ of Ca, San Francisco, Sch of Med, San Francisco Ca 1976
University of California 1976
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS
- Comm Med Ctr-University Med Ct, General Surgery
Dr. John Geren Nichols MD's Practice location
Fresno, CA 93720Get Direction
Dr. John Geren Nichols MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Different Types of Heart Doctors Explained
IntroductionDoctors who specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions or diseases of the cardiovascular system (the heart and blood vessels) are called heart doctors or cardiologists. These specialists are trained to identify, treat, and help prevent heart issues. There are also different...
- Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome: Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis, and Treatment
What is Ehlers-Danlos syndrome (EDS)?Ehlers-Danlos syndrome (EDS) is a group of genetic disorders that affect the body’s connective tissues, which are proteins that support the blood vessels, skin, bones, and other organs in the body. Connective tissues also provide elasticity and strength to the...
- What Is Varicose Vein Stripping?
A vein is a blood vessel that carries blood through your body. Varicose veins are one among a spectrum of chronic vein problems. It is common and can be found in up to 20% of the adult population. The severity of the condition varies and while varicose veins are responsible for significant...
- How are Varicose Veins Diagnosed?
Blood from body organs is transported to the heart via blood vessels, or veins. Organs use oxygen to function, and they discharge blood that has been used that contains waste products like carbon dioxide. The veins then take the blood to the heart and back to the lungs, where the carbon dioxide is...
- What Specialists Treat Varicose Veins?
Veins that are twisted, engorged and noticeable are referred as varicose veins. They normally form in the legs, although they can also develop anywhere on the body. This condition is frequent. The signs and symptoms of varicose veins are not many. Mild, skin ulcers and blood clots can arise from...
- What Is Atherosclerosis: Types, Symptoms, and Home Remedies
What is atherosclerosis?Atherosclerosis is also known as arteriosclerotic vascular disease or ASVD. It is a particular type of arteriosclerosis in which an artery wall gets thickened as an effect of attack and accumulation of white blood cells and rupture of the intimal smooth muscle cell producing...
- Dr. James Ho Lee MD1191 E HERNDON AVE Fresno CA 93720
- Dr. William E Hadcock M.D.1247 E Alluvial Ave Fresno CA 93720
- Dr. David Vanburen M.D.3601 4th St Lubbock TX 79430
- Dr. Leo L Fong MD1247 E Alluvial Ave Fresno CA 93720
- Dr. Anne Marie Prentice MD2800 L St Sacramento CA 95816
- Dr. Eric Ladenheim M.D.6057 N 1st St Fresno CA 93710