Dr. Charles West is an infectious disease specialist practicing in Topeka, KS. Dr. West specializes in infections that are difficult to diagnose or unresponsive to treatments, such as HIV or airborne infections from a foreign country. Infectious disease specialists usually work with conditions that are not treatable by a primary physician but it is important to keep contact with the primary physician in order to receive information about the patients history and for deciding which diagnostic tests are appropriate.
Dr. Charles Michael West MD's Practice location
Topeka, KS 66606Get Direction
TOPEKA, KS 66614Get Direction
Dr. Charles Michael West MD's reviewsWrite Review
- How is Genital Herpes Diagnosed?
Genital Herpes is the most common sexually transmitted disease. It is caused by two types of viruses - herpes simplex Type 1 and herpes simplex Type 2. However, people suffering from the condition are not aware of it because it hardly presents with any symptoms. So, in most of the cases people are...
- Can I Live with HIV?
Discovered in the 1980s in Western and Central Africa, HIV is a virus and at the same time an infection. HIV stands for human immunodeficiency virus. It is a virus that gets into the bloodstream and slowly attacks the human immune system. The immune system is a naturally occurring system in the body...
- What is the Dengue Triad?
Classified as DENV-1, DENV-2, DENV-3, and DENV-4, there are four types of viruses belonging to one group (Flaviviridae) that are responsible for infecting humans with dengue fever. The route for transmitting the virus from one infected human to another is via the bloodsucking bite of the female...
- What is the encephalitis causes and prevention?
What is encephalitis?Encephalitis means inflammation of the brain. Fever, headache, and joint pain are often experienced in the early stages of encephalitis. Other severe symptoms may develop over some days or hours. They include personality changes, seizures, disorientation, confusion, or...
- How to Remove a Deer Tick to Prevent Yourself from Getting Lyme Disease
Lyme disease is a bacterial infection caused by a spirochete known as Borrelia burgdorferi. It is a spiral-shaped bacterium that replicates within the body with the ability to evade the immune system, causing Lyme disease. Lyme disease is more commonly seen during the spring and summer seasons. The...
- How Does Borrelia burgdorferi Cause Lyme Disease?
Lyme disease is a bacterial infection caused by Borrelia burgdorferi. This disease can be transmitted to humans in three ways. They include:...
- Dr. Vivek S Sahgal M.D., FACP1004 Progress Dr Lansing KS 66043
- Dr. Purushothama Varma Dasaraju M.D.,2200 Sw Gage Blvd Topeka KS 66622
- Dr. Brian S Edwards M.D.901 Sw Garfield Ave Topeka KS 66606
- Dr. Clifton C Jones MD901 Sw Garfield Ave Topeka KS 66606
- Dr. Michael vincent Florendo Tablang M.D.263 Farmington Ave Farmington CT 06030
- Dr. Kavitha C. Rao M.D2411 Holmes St Kansas City MO 64108