Dr. George Dawson is an ear, nose and throat (ENT) doctor, also known as an otolaryngologist, practicing in Charleston, WV. Dr. Dawson specializes in diseases and disorders of the ear, nose and throat as well as other parts of the head and neck. Such structures an ENT may work on include the sinuses, larynx (voice box) and mouth in addition to the ear, nose and throat. There are seven areas of expertise that an ENT might specialize in, and these are: allergies; facial reconstructive surgery; head and neck; laryngology; otology/neurotology; pediatric otolaryngology; and rhinology.
Education and Training
Marshall Univ Sch of Med, Huntington Wv 1997
Marshall University 1997
West Virginia University School of Medicine 1998
Marshall University Joan C. Edwards School of Medicine 1997
OtolaryngologyAmerican Board of OtolaryngologyABOto
- Hearing Loss
- Ear Infection
- Hay Fever (allergic Rhinitis)
- Thyroid Cancer
- Ear Wax
- West Virginia Univ Hosps, Otolaryngology; West Virginia Univ Hosps, General Surgery
- West Virginia University Hospital
- West Virginia University Program
Mr. George Stephen Dawson M.D.'s Practice location
Charleston, WV 25301Get Direction
HUNTINGTON, WV 25705Get Direction
Mr. George Stephen Dawson M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- How Long Can Mononucleosis Last?
Mononucleosis is a common disease that leads to one developing a sore throat, some fever, and lymphocytosis. This disease usually breeds from the Epstein-Barr virus. The symptoms of this disease include headaches, fatigue and malaise within the first five days. The other symptoms that can occur...
- Remedies for Fluid Buildup in the Ear
Fluid Buildup in the EarA buildup of fluid in the ear can lead to a painful ear infection, disruption in balance, hearing loss, and headache. This condition is one of the most common problems seen in children. The most common cause of water trapped in the ear is swimming. However, water can get...
- Labyrinthitis and Vertigo
Labyrinthitis is an inflammation of the inner ear due to a virus or bacteria. This inflammation of the inner ear disrupts the transmission of the sensory information to the brain. When it happens, symptoms similar to those of vertigo may be experienced as well as difficulties in vision and hearing....
- Treatment of Dysphagia (Swallowing Problems)
What is dysphagia?Dysphagia is a disorder in which a person is unable to swallow food or is having difficulty in moving food down to the stomach. The throat or esophageal muscles are unable to work properly, and that leads to this disease. It is usually seen in children, old aged persons, and people...
- What Is Central Vertigo?
Types of VertigoWhen the world seems as though it is spinning, without cause, it is time to check with a doctor. There are two common forms of vertigo; central and peripheral....
- Sleep Apnea CPAP Machine: Gel, Cleaner, and Price
Sleep apnea is a sleep breathing disorder. It is characterized by repetitive pauses in breathing, which may occur several times per hour and may last for 10 seconds. It is usually a chronic condition. It results in poor sleep quality and excessive sleepiness in daytime. The most common type is...
- Mr. Michael R Goins MD500 Donnally St Charleston WV 25301
- Mr. Phillip Todd Nichols MD500 Donnally St Charleston WV 25301
- Mr. David Richard Lough M.D.500 Donnally St Charleston WV 25301
- Dr. Charles D Crigger MD4607 Maccorkle Ave Sw Charleston WV 25309
- Mr. Frederick Thomas Sporck MD500 Donnally St Charleston WV 25301
- Dr. Richard Austin Wallace MD1306 Kanawha Blvd E Charleston WV 25301