Dr. Richard Gilmore is a gastroenterologist practicing in Rockford, IL. Dr. Gilmore specializes in the digestive system and its diseases that affect the gastrointestinal tract, which include organs from the mouth to the anus as well as liver disorders. Gastroenterology includes conditions such as hepatitis, peptic ulcer disease, colitis, nutritional problems and irritable bowel syndrome. Dr. Gilmore performs colonoscopy and endoscopy procedures and provides accurate and thorough care for patients suffering from digestive issues.
Education and Training
Univ of Il Coll of Med, Chicago Il 1970
University of Illinois College of Medicine 1970
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Kaiser Fndn Hosp-Los Angeles, Internal Medicine; L A Co-Usc Med Ctr, Internal Medicine
Dr. Richard B. Gilmore MD's Practice location
Rockford, IL 61103Get Direction
Dr. Richard B. Gilmore MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Diagnosing Colon Cancer
Signs and symptoms of colon cancer are not specific, which makes it difficult to diagnose. Therefore, investigations are crucial to make a diagnosis of colon cancer.The first time you visit your doctor, he or she will record a complete medical history, including a detailed family history to check if...
- Why, When, and How to Talk to Your Boss About Your IBD
When you have an Inflammatory Bowel Disease (or IBD) such as Crohn's Disease or Ulcerative Colitis (UC), life is already challenging enough. But when you have to work away from the home for long periods of time, the challenge is double. In addition to the possibly long commute to work (which is...
- Pete Davidson of SNL Quits Weed After Smoking for Crohn's
Pete Davidson is a 24-year-old American actor and comedian. He is also the youngest cast member on Saturday Night Live (SNL).Davidson opened up about his decision to quit smoking weed on an Instagram post – “just wanted to let you guys know I’m okay. I know I’ve kinda been missing, on social...
- Where Does Cholera Commonly Occur?
What is cholera?Cholera is any of the several acute infectious diseases occurring in humans and domestic animals that are caused by the bacterium vibrio cholerae. Cholera is caused by taking in water or food that has been contaminated by the vibrio cholerae bacteria.Cholera is characterized by...
- What Causes Gastroenteritis?
Gastroenteritis is the inflammation of the gastrointestinal tract, including the stomach and small intestine. Infection and inflammation of the gut result in acute vomiting and diarrhea. This condition is one of the most common causes of death among children younger than 5-years-old. This disease is...
- Everything You Need to Know About Anal Fissures
An anal fissure is a linear tear in the skin of the distal anal canal below the dentate line. Millions of people suffer from painful bowel movements due to anal fissures.This condition is commonly experienced by young people, but it can also be found in grown men and women. The most common symptom...
- Dr. Chandrashekhar Thukral M.D.330 Brookline Ave Boston MA 02215
- Dr. Christopher M Gibbs MD401 Roxbury Rd Rockford IL 61107
- Dr. Michael J Manley M.D.401 Roxbury Rd Rockford IL 61107
- Dr. John F. Johanson MD1905 E, Huebbe Parkway Beloit WI 53511
- Dr. Steven O Ikenberry M.D.401 Roxbury Rd Rockford IL 61107
- Dr. Kevin J Peifer M.D.401 Roxbury Rd Rockford IL 61107