Dr. Antoinette Thaxton-brooks is an internist practicing in Atlanta, GA. Dr. Thaxton-brooks specializes in the medical treatment of adults. Internists can act as a primary physician or a consultant to a primary physician. They manage both common and rare diseases. Dr. Thaxton-brooks provides comprehensive care and manages treatment with surgeons as well. Internists establish long-term relationships with their patients and incorporate disease prevention and mental health care into their practice.
Dr. Antoinette Thaxton-brooks M.D.'s Practice location
Atlanta, GA 30332Get Direction
Dr. Antoinette Thaxton-brooks M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- What Causes Fatigue?
Fatigue is the feeling of exhaustion when you lack adequate energy and strength to continue with the work. In most cases, the person with fatigue feels like taking rest due to the lack of energy. This is different from the general weakness wherein the person lacks enough muscle and physical...
- Lifting Weights Helps the Elderly to Maintain Muscle Mass
According to a recent study, people who are above 60-years-old should exercise more than younger adults to maintain healthy muscle mass. Lifting weights will help them to maintain the mass and size of muscles, reports the study. Study co-researcher and physiologist Marcas Bamman, PhD, of the...
- Do I Have Migraines?
Do I Have Migraines?Migraines are one of the most common types of headaches that affect people. The irritating pain is often accompanied by characteristic warning signs like blind spots, nausea, vomiting, and other symptoms. Migraines are caused by the enlargement of blood vessels along with the...
- Leukopenia: Symptoms, Causes, and Treatment
What is leukopenia?White blood cells (WBCs) are an important part of the immune system, which is why they are called as "fighter cells". There are five different types of white blood cells (WBCs) in our body. They are neutrophils, eosinophils, basophils, monocytes, and lymphocytes. Each type of WBC...
- Everything You Need to Know About the Zika Virus
What is Zika virus?Zika virus (Flavivirus) isn`t a new virus, initially, it was found in Uganda and called after the place where the virus was first detected- Zika forest (1947). It is a mosquito-borne virus, which is transmitted from a particular species of infected insects (Aedes), the aggressive...
- Are Vitamin D-Rich Foods Better than Vitamin D Supplements?
What is vitamin D?Vitamin D is a unique fat-soluble vitamin that plays a significant role in many aspects of health. Also referred to as the sunshine vitamin, it stands out from other types of vitamins since the body can produce vitamin D through sunlight exposure. With 20-25 minutes of daily sun...
- Dr. Pragna Patel M.D., M.P.H827 Inman Village Pkwy NE Atlanta Georgia 30307
- Dr. Andrew Pugliese MD6916 McGinnis Ferry Road Suwanee Georgia 30024
- Dr. Lewin G. Chuachiaco MD3650 Steve Reynolds Blvd. Duluth Georgia 30069
- Dr. Adeyosoye T. Dawodu M.D.3040 Peachtree Road Atlanta GA 30305
- Dr. Richard Kauffman M.D.3200 Downwood Cir NW Atlanta Georgia 30327
- Nicolas Bakinde720 West View Drive Southwest Atlanta Georgia 30310