Dr. John H Malfetano M.D.
OB-GYN (Obstetrician-Gynecologist) | Gynecologic Oncology149 S Lake Ave Albany NY, 12208
Dr. John Malfetano is an obstetrician-gynecologist practicing in Albany, NY. Dr. Malfetano specializes in women's health, particularly the female reproductive system, pregnancy and childbirth. As an obstetrician-gynecologist, or OB-GYN, Dr. Malfetano can treat a number of health issues related to the vagina, uterus, ovaries, fallopian tubes and breasts. Dr Malfetano can also treat women during pregnancy, labor, childbirth and the postpartum period. In this specialty, doctors focus on reproductive care from puberty through adulthood.
Education and Training
Georgetown Univ Sch of Med, Washington Dc 1977
Obstetrics and GynecologyAmerican Board of Obstetrics and GynecologyABOG- Gynecologic Oncology
- Randomized comparison of fluorouracil plus cisplatin versus hydroxyurea as an adjunct to radiation therapy in stage IIB-IVA carcinoma of the cervix with negative para-aortic lymph nodes: a Gynecologic Oncology Group and Southwest Oncology Group study
- Villoglandular adenocarcinoma of the endometrium.
- Paclitaxel, an active agent in nonsquamous carcinomas of the uterine cervix: a Gynecologic Oncology Group Study.
- Decreased CD44 standard form expression correlates with prognostic variables in ovarian carcinomas.
- Phase II evaluation of oral trimetrexate in mixed mesodermal tumors of the uterus: a gynecologic oncology group study.
- Echinomycin (NSC 526417) in recurrent and metastatic nonsquamous cell carcinoma of the cervix. A phase II trial of the Gynecologic Oncology Group.
- Occult rupture of uterus following ruptured interstitial pregnancy.
- Determinants of survival of surgically staged patients with endometrial carcinoma histologically confined to the uterus: implications for therapy.
- 5-fluorouracil and low-dose leucovorin in the treatment of recurrent squamous cell carcinoma of the cervix. A phase II trial of the Gynecologic Oncology Group.
- Positive peritoneal cytology is an adverse factor in endometrial carcinoma only
- Correlation of tumor cytosol cathepsin D with differentiation and invasiveness of endometrial adenocarcinoma.
- Extragenital primary mixed malignant mesodermal tumor.
- A phase II trial of gallium nitrate (NSC #15200) in previously treated ovarian carcinoma. A Gynecologic Oncology Group Study.
- Aggressive multimodality treatment for cervical cancer with paraaortic lymph node metastases.
- A phase II trial of gallium nitrate (NSC #15200) in advanced or recurrent squamous cell carcinoma of the cervix. A Gynecologic Oncology Group study.
- Tamoxifen-associated endometrial carcinoma in postmenopausal breast cancer patients.
- Para-endocrine hypercalcemia and ovarian small cell carcinoma.
- Current management and treatment of squamous cell carcinoma of the vulva.
- Cis-platinum combination chemotherapy during pregnancy for advanced epithelial ovarian carcinoma.
- A uterine tumor that resembled ovarian sex-cord tumors: a low-grade sarcoma.
- Skin metastases from cervical cancer: a fatal event.
- Vulvar fibrous histiocytoma of low grade malignancy. Case report.
- Splenectomy for optimal cytoreduction in ovarian cancer.
- cis-Diamminedichloroplatinum II based combination chemotherapy for the control of extensive paraaortic lymph node metastasis in cervical cancer.
- The appendix and its metastatic potential in epithelial ovarian cancer.
- Postpartum thrombophlebitis of the ovarian vein.
- Carbon dioxide laser treatment of condylomata acuminata.
- Experience with carbon dioxide laser in female genital neoplasia.
- Prophylactic anticoagulation as a possible cause of inguinal lymphocyst after radical vulvectomy and inguinal lymphadenectomy.
- Laser treatment of condylomata acuminata in pregnancy.
- Percutaneous gastrostomy for decompression in patients with advanced gynecologic malignancies.
- Prognostic factors in surgical stage III and IV carcinoma of the endometrium.
- Comparative quantitative immunohistochemical and immunoradiometric determinations of cathepsin D in endometrial adenocarcinoma: predictors of tumor aggressiveness.
- A phase II trial of ifosfamide and mesna in patients with advanced or recurrent mixed mesodermal tumors of the ovary previously treated with platinum-based chemotherapy: a Gynecologic Oncology Group study.
- Significance of papillary (villoglandular) differentiation in endometrioid carcinoma of the uterus.
- Evaluation of prognostic indicators in squamous carcinoma of the vulva including nuclear DNA content.
- Steroid receptor concentrations in endometrial carcinoma: effect on survival in surgically staged patients.
- A phase II trial of Didemnin B (NSC #335319) in patients with previously treated epithelial ovarian cancer. A Gynecologic Oncology Group Study.
- A phase II trial of gallium nitrate (NSC #15200) in nonsquamous cell carcinoma of the cervix. A Gynecologic Oncology Group study.
- Multivariate survival analysis of clinicopathologic features in surgical stage I endometrioid carcinoma including analysis of HER-2/neu expression.
- Ifosfamide and doxorubicin in the treatment of advanced leiomyosarcomas of the uterus: a Gynecologic Oncology Group study.
- Peripheral infusion ports for central venous access in patients with gynecologic malignancies.
- A phase II trial of edatrexate in previously treated squamous cell cervical cancer: a Gynecologic Oncology Group study.
- Telomerase activity in benign endometrium and endometrial carcinoma.
- Primary radiation, cisplatin, and 5-fluorouracil for advanced squamous carcinoma of the vulva.
- Identification of HER-2/neu oncogene amplification by fluorescence in situ hybridization in stage I endometrial carcinoma.
- Extended field radiation and cisplatin for stage IIB and IIIB cervical carcinoma.
- Cell proliferation-associated proteins in endometrial carcinomas, including papillary serous and endometrioid subtypes.
- Roswell Park Cancer Inst, Gynecology; Good Samaritan Reg Med Ctr, Obstetrics And Gynecology
Dr. John H Malfetano M.D.'s Practice location
Albany, NY 12208Get Direction
ALBANY, NY 12205Get Direction
Dr. John H Malfetano M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Malfetano
- What to Expect During Your Third Trimester of Pregnancy
Fetal ActivityDuring this stage, a lot of fetal activity happens. These include poking and kicking, which you’ll find difficult not to notice. Breasts Continue to GrowContinued breast growth is expected until the third trimester. As the tissues grow, a yellow discharge called colostrums leaks...
- Breast Cancer Survivor Organizes Non-Profit With a Meaningful Purpose
One month before her 31st birthday, Janet Palmer, a law enforcement officer, found a lump in her right breast. After nine months of consultations with two different doctors and one negative mammogram, she was diagnosed with breast cancer. At this time, Palmer decided to undergo a mastectomy,...
- Ovary Removal Does Not Raise Your Risk for Heart Disease
A review of data from a major women’s health study failed to find a significant association between ovary removal during a hysterectomy and an increased risk of heart disease. This is in contrast to the results published from another large study that reported that the risk of heart disease...
- Moms With Asthma Can Breastfeed Their Babies Without Worry
According to a new study, moms with asthma can breast feed their babies, as this practice may not increase the risk of asthma in children. In this study, the researchers followed up babies until they are 12-years-old with the aim of assessing the impact of breastfeeding in the development of lungs....
- Is Syphilis an STD?
What is an STD?Sexually transmitted disease, or commonly known as STD, is a type of disease that gets transmitted through sexual contact. AIDS caused by the HIV virus is a primary example of a sexually transmitted disease. Most STDs do not have any obvious symptoms at the beginning, aside from the...
- Natural Remedies for Infertility
Infertility is frustrating when a woman is actively trying to conceive or carry a baby to full term. However, it is quite common, affecting nearly 1 out of every 6 couples. There are numerous medical cures that women and men can try, but it is important to be aware of several natural solutions that...
- Dr. Daniel Barraez-Masroua MD777 North Street Pittsfield Massachusetts 01201
- Louis P. Gagliardi2020 Western Avenue Albany New York 12203
- Eileen E. Joyce1365 Washington Ave. Albany New York 12206
- Dr. Tirsit Shiferaw Asfaw M.D.560 First Avenue New York NY 10010
- Dr. Tabitha Ann Cole MD43 New Scotland Ave Albany NY 12208
- Dr. Usha H Bakhru M.D.713 Troy Schenectady Rd Latham NY 12110